OT: UK Petrol prices

If you feel you want to try to reduce petrol prices, try the following suggestion :

We are going to hit close to 89p a litre by the summer. Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continueto hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea,has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at 77p -80p, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a; lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then

30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

Action: It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons (75p) Jet etc. i.e boycott BP and Esso.

Reply to
dave F

Here speaks someone who has no idea who controls the raw material.

Reply to
Conor

You'd be better off trying to hurt Blair and his gang rather than the oil companies, considering that it's them who take well over 60 per cent of the total cost on every litre of fuel.

Reply to
ivan

Who do you think supplies the other companies/supermarkets,

Just because you buy the fuel from a particular retailer doesn't mean that ESSO or BP don't have a hand in it somewhere.

Here in Bolton I would have to go out of my way to buy petrol from Esso or BP, of the 20 or so local stations I can think of, only 1 is an Esso outlet and no BP.

Reply to
Tom Burton

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dave F" saying something like:

Oh just f*ck off with this endless drivel. This crap is popping up everywhere.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

For f*ck sake chill out! I was sent the message so I decided to post it in this group to get other peoples opinions - instead you have presented yourself as a complete arse with a lack of being sociable outside of this group (the real world).

Reply to
dave F

'Grimly' 'Curmudgeon' [COD; a bad-tempered or miserly person] David, all the clues are there...

Reply to
ivan

Lets get this right,you are asking that we stop buying petrol from British companies but not from Total and other French Petrol suppliers. Boycott French stations then get us out of the EU and we can spend the 26 million quid we give, EVERY day, to foreign farmers, to help reduce fuel,and get our fish back! People should realise we have the most expensive fuel in the world just about,not only Europe.It's time something was done,we produce oil why are we so expensive?I know why but it's time the petrol blockades did something serious this time.I'm just fed up of being lied too and taxed over and over again.All polititions should be fed to the sharks.It's easy to write off billions in arms cockups and Domes etc but help us?no chance.I hope Prescott explodes soon through overeating .Wankers the lot of them!Well that's cheered me up a bit!

"Hung like Einstein,Clever as a Donkey!"

Reply to
Harry Hotspur

The message from snipped-for-privacy@freeserve.co.uk (Harry Hotspur) contains these words:

It's no good - I took three goes to realise that didn't say "Hung like a clever donkey"

Reply to
Guy King

Blame my golf pal,he's always signing this,every time he beats me,just passing it on as I think he's self concious in the shower.

"Too soon we get old,Too late we get smart!"

Reply to
Harry Hotspur