power steering loss!!

hi all.

just after some ideas? my pug 406 p plate has started to get heavy o the steering. someone told me to bleed any air out by taking off fluid filler cap an steering full lock left & right a few times & to watch for bubble rising in the reservoir. i`ve done this but it made no difference. fluid level is ok, so any more ideas please!!!!

many thank

-- pidgeonplucker

Reply to
pidgeonplucker

If the p/s pump is belt driven, check the belt is not slipping. And just as a BTW. Once the air has been purged from the system at it's first filling, and as long as the reservoir level is maintained, any leaks that might let air into the system would also leak fluid. Even if they weren't spotted, it would show on the reservoir level. Whatever is causing the problem, it certainly isn't due to air in the system. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

You could change the fluid. But don't overlook the possibility of something more conventional such as a flat tyre or stiff joint.

Reply to
Dan Buchan