Quick MOT question?

What if it failed because the car is in a dangerous condition?

Why bother having the MOT test?

What would you do if a car that had failed its MOT test crashed into you?

Reply to
dave F

No it won't -they will know it has failed the test . Not the same Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

The message from "dave F" contains these words:

But that's the point - some of us have flexible enough minds to understand that not all failures are safety critical.

Reply to
Guy King

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dave F" saying something like:

Still talking bollocks, I see.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The message from Grimly Curmudgeon contains these words:

Silly Old Cow/Scruffy Old Bitch?

Reply to
Guy King

I'm not entirely sure why you regard this as a daft rule, or have I completely misunderstood?

If you could MOT your car any time before it's due, what would stop you from MOT'ing your car for one year, then run it through another MOT a couple of months later (when it's still more-or-less guaranteed to pass) for the following year? How could you say that the MOT for the second year was still relevent to the condition of the car when the test itself was carried out 10 months previuosly?

Have I missed the point?

Reply to
Joe Bloggs

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King saying something like:

ShiteOldCar/ShiteOldBike. Otoh, a swap service for OldBitches might more interesting.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

in message

certificate,

(for arguments sake I will use 2 months in the following, any amount from over 1, to 12 is appropriate) Yes, the bit that is daft is that if you have 2 months of old certificate left. you can only get a twelve month ticket, if you have one month left you can get a thirteen month ticket.

I am not suggesting that if you have 2 months remaining you should be able to get a 14 month ticket, but I do think you should be able to get a thirteen month ticket. (this used to be possible a few years ago)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Then it is unroadworthy.

Exactly the same as I would do if a car that had passed its MOT test crashed into me.

Reply to
SimonJ

Another example would be a car sales garage who sell their cars with a full mot regardless of what's left on the old certificate. If it had anything more than 1 month of old mot then the new mot will run for no more than 12 months. However, if it had 1 month of old mot left then the new certificate will run for 13 months.

Reply to
Mark

SimonJ ( snipped-for-privacy@mine.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But failing the MOT has not affected that.

Reply to
Adrian

????

Just because it has an MOT doesn't mean its legal to drive if its in a dangerous condition.

Reply to
Conor

Conor (conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Exactly.

Reply to
Adrian

My point exactly.

Reply to
SimonJ

I'm afraid its not as easy as that! The insurance company for the other party will claim their policy is void (uninsured - that's the nature of insurance) and you know what that means?! you are stuffed with the repair bill yourself.

Reply to
dave F