Rover 420 (Air con) heater/gauge problems...

1997 420 GSI Air con model, temp gauge works VERY sporadically (more often not working than is), heater takes an age to give out ANY heat. Water level ok and clean, and no warning lights on, so I'm suspecting the top hose thermostat, any other suggestions. The only thing I did of late (three months ago) was undo the top hose to replace the alternator, could I have disturbed something along the way, we've only just started to use the heater so the problems only just come to light. Thanks in advance.
Reply to
seeeker

Could have got an airlock in it.

Reply to