Stainless Exhausts

Peter Hill (Peter Hill ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

SILK isn't. His employer will, though. Or, more likely, his employer's lease company will...

My ol' XM had been sponsored to the tune of £21k in four years & 60k miles before I got it...

The 80k miles over 7 years I had it sponsored it to the tune of about £3500 for the guy who has it now...

Reply to
Adrian

What are you talking about? If you mean depreciation, then it's actually around £12K. As it's paid for by a car allowance, I couldn't give a toss as it's actually made me money.

Except when they had it, it wasn't the old wreck it is now. Be honest, you'd like a new car if you could afford it.

Reply to
Silk

CE standards yes, British Standards occasionally but I can't think of a single Iso standard that's mandated by law. There might be one though, but it'll be seperate primary legislation.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Yes, my employer pays a combination of fixed and mileage allowances. Other than that, they have no other control. My car belongs to me and is registered in my name. The test is: would I have to give the car back if I left my job? The answer is: no. That's because it's my car.

I just submit mileage expense claims every week.

Reply to
Silk

Silk (Silk ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Ah, was assuming it was a co.car.

Reply to
Adrian

My wife's Almera finally had a new exhaust earlier this year - after 12 years! Most of her journeys are short too (she's a community nurse).

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

on 16/10/2007, Mike G supposed :

If both were in perfect condition I would suggest the diesel exhaust would contain more unburned oil.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Which tends to confirm its not the mileage, but the type of driving. Short, slow trips kills exhausts.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Not to mention the appaling taste in cars of the OP.

Reply to
NM

For all practical purposes, it's the same. Just more tax efficient to transfer ownership to me and treat it as an expense due to the fact I do a large amount of business mileage. I take a small risk in that I'm responsible for keeping the car on the road and benefit by not paying company car tax. Company also benefits because they don't have to employ a fleet manager.

Reply to
Silk

Actually, I wouldn't, because after a few months it's effectively as used and in similar cosmetic condition to my "old" (2000) car. Given the choice I'd aim to pick something up at the sweet spot - which is usually at the one to three year point, when owner one has sorted out the teething issues and run it in for me.

Reply to
DervMan