Unleaded petrol mixed with Diesel in a Chrysler 2.5CRD

Johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@stop-spamming-sizefitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

*EVERYWHERE*

Try your local supermarket noticeboard, newsagent window, fleaBay...

Reply to
Adrian

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's one where the locals have such a strong hint of red to their necks that they can't be trusted to fill their own cars with fuel - to the point at which they've been forced to legislate the fact...

Reply to
Adrian

Steve ( snipped-for-privacy@spam.thanks) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think you'll find you're agreeing with me.

Reply to
Adrian

Hell you can walk through most any housing estate and (literally) trip over one if you put your mind to it.

Reply to
Chris Street

Wisconsin isn't it?

ISTR that it was only gas that was affected and that you could still pump your own diesel.

Reply to
Chris Street

The message from Zog The Undeniable contains these words:

Recently?

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Convertible? You are joking, aren't you? No one would buy that - would they?

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Adrian contains these words:

This would be in states which don't hold with too much interference from The Authorities? Doesn't sound likely to me.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I am not.

We can only hope not.

The terminally stupid are partially saved from themselves by the fact it's a cack-hander only, luckily.

Reply to
Adrian

Agreed...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

"no particular mechanical issues in the near future" seems unlikely at that price.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Joe Pfeiffer ( snipped-for-privacy@cs.nmsu.edu) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Hardly. There's a lot of very good buys with a lot of life in 'em at that price. Sure, there's a lot of shit which should already have been scrapped, but it's by no means universal.

Reply to
Adrian

No, you seem to think the car's crap. I think its a good vehicle. Certainly no dumber looking than the new MINI (which I also like).

Reply to
Steve

Yep - each state is free to make their own laws, even if they are moronic (or controlled by labor union lobbys).

Bill Putney

The engine will be fine, it's the fuel system that dies.

Reply to
Duncanwood

New Jersey-ites will be humored (or humoured if you're a Brit) to know that they have just been called rednecks.

Bill Putney

The message from Joe Pfeiffer contains these words:

Two things - firstly, there are just so many new cars around that perfectly good ones are falling off the road for want of someone to own 'em - there's often really nothing wrong with cars which people just can't sell 'cos there's something better for the same sort of money. Secondly - at that price /who cares/ if there's something major wrong with it. Major faults cost more than £300 to put right - just ditch the car and have another.

Reply to
Guy King

Well, as one who has had several considerably cheaper cars, I'd have to argue.

And don't tell me it can't be done stateside, either. I did 1,600 miles in a $300 Cadillac Eldorado, and the only failure was a water hose (which didn't actually do any harm, was fixed in an instant despite being in some remote town in the south, and let me see proper Southern US hospitality in practice).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Depends on location. In a state with a safety inspection, generally any car that can be legally registered without major work is worth at least $1000-1500. In a state like Ohio, yeah, I believe it.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I'm SURE the engine wasn't designed by MORONS but I bet the *LAWYERS* helped write the manuals!

This car will be f> IF running 3 miles on a 5:1 dilution of diesel to gasoline can ruin an

Reply to
Jimmy