Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reputable Scrapyard?
Hi. I previously asked this question 'in thread' and it may have got missed. I'm looking for a recommendation for a scrapyard either in the Leicester area or on-line. Specifically I'm looking for a...
9
9

Citroen AX Diesel Starting Problem
Problem with my AX diesel 1400! Very difficult to start hot, must make sure the glow plug warning light goes out also an extra 10 seconds on top for it to start it starts ok then! Fitted new bosch...
2
2

A real diesel dilemma
I took the astra to the vauxhall dealer for fault diagnosis yesterday as the spanner light had been occasionally illuminated. The technician determined that the air mass meter was the culprit, he...
10
10

A really odd experience....
I went into Halfords today, the big place at marsh mills in Plymouth. The reason for my visit was to try and get the part numbers for some auxiliary drivebelts for my car, I needed one for the...
7
7

fog light fitting
I have recently purchased fog lights for a Mk4 Fiesta 1998 and was wondering about fitment. I havent had a look at the lower grill yet, but I assume there are no gaps at the edges to fit the lights...
4
4

Re: Oxygen sensor (Cav)
thats the O2 sensor, you can probably only see one wire because they are inside the insulation, follow the wire around the engine bay - you'll find the connector where the haynes manual says, simply...
9
9

Supermarket Fuel Versus BP, Esso Ect Pro's & Cons
Hi Being un-enlightened on this subject I wonder what the difference if any between the two are. I live near Avonmouth with its huge fuel refinery and witness Tesco Tankers leaving regularly. Is this...
8
8

Re: Cherokee steering vibration
The message from (Jo) contains these words: Or seriously warped brake discs, or knackered track-rod ends or steering swivels.
8
8

Peug 106
Has anyone any ideas where to connect a Gunson Fault code reader on the peug 106 1.1 1999 Petrol? In the book for the code reader it says its a small green plug (2 female pins) - I can only find a...
3
3

Re: Squeaky Brakes
It's a high-frequency vibration. Clean them out, fit anti-squeal shims, and/or put some copper grease on the back of the pads. Personally I quite like it when they squeal, it means they're not seized!
1
1

Renault Safrane Vi 2200 Fuel
Hi I have just bought a Renault Safrane Vi 2200 and want to put a petrol conditioner onto it. Thing is, where does the fuel go into the carburettor? Pardon me if this is a daft question but I can't...
3
3

Faded Bumbers
Hi All, I've just given the car a new lease of life - polished it with that coloured polish (Turtle Wax Colour Magic). I'm quite happy with the results, but now the bumpers need doing as they are...
2
2

Renault Safrane Vi 2200 Computer Display Dim
Hi I have just bought a 1996 Renault Safrane 2200 Vi Executive and i have to say that it is a wonderful car to drive. Very sleek. Anyway I notice the computer display is not visible. It is there but...
1
1

Re: Ford wishbones v generic
This has just been done to death a week ago. Look in Google. Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines ( "How's life Norm?" "Not for the squeamish, Coach" (Cheers, 1982) Puma Racing - Power For Your Control
2
2

Fiesta Gear Change
Can anyone help please? I have a 1999 Ford Fiesta and suddenly my gear lever, no longer returns to the "centre" position. I can change gear although care must be taken to select third rather than...
6
6