Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Got the campervan 79 VW
Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Ian Dalziel, managed to produce the following words of wisdom Conga-rats. If my old 911 was anything to go by, aircooled motors tend to produce bugger all...
15
15

Re: Driver Car Tips to Save you Money
In article , wrote: Did your teacher live in some hick town where they kept the 'gas' in tins? In the UK by law it's kept in underground tanks. And any CSE grade student will know the temperature...
1
1

Kia Sportage
Hi Folks Seriously considered buying one of these today as it was only 1495 quid for an R reg with 50k on the clock. It had quite a few cosmetic issues hence the price but nothing a couple of hundred...
8
8

Alternator Woes
Hi Guys Car: Corsa 1.7D 1998 With 149'999 Miles on the clock. (and quite possibly a few more of it - I was young and naive when I bought it.) I was driving home last night when the alternator light...
3
3

BMW Wheels
Hi, I'm on the look-out for a set of 5 imperial-size alloy wheels for my '95 BMW 525 Touring (E34). The ones that are on it are the metric ones, and I'm having real problems finding tyres for it....
7
7

Timing lights, ebay
Are the cheap timing lights off ebay any cop? A lot of drapers knocking around at £20 posted. I know Draper's not really Draper anymore, but will they do the job?
17
17

Quick car
Hia peeps, I currently own a 1.6 8 valve astra estate, (1999) which isn't the quickest car to put it mildly. As I am entering my middle chrisis I want something a bit quick, but don't want to spent a...
47
47

Renault Megane boot won't lock
We just bought a W reg Megane, locked the car with the remote central locking and the boot won't lock, however, all of the other doors are locked. We've looked through the manual and it says that the...
13
13

car photos
hi please friend, post a photo of your car to this site - i'm trying to build a site where people from all over the world send photos of their cars, and i honestly believe that it could be...
2
2

Vectra cutting out when coming to a stop
hi i have a 1.8 vauxhall vectra on a T plate. I am having a problem with it cutting out when ever i come to a stop ie traffic lights etc. It has just had new plugs, oil change and new filter. does...
6
6

Princess Calipers
Why are Austin Princess brake calipers supposed to be so good, and used for upgrades on many cars? Why are they superior when compared to others? Paul
12
12

Building a new headlamp loom
I want to build a relay switched headlamp loom for my MK2 Golf, which has famously crap lights. Broadly speaking, I'll be following the guide here: 've got a couple of questions 1) Most headlamp looms...
9
9

106 Starting issues
Posted for a friend - 1.1 (actually it might be a 1.0 heh) 106. "Well lets give you complete rundow of what happens:- I turn the key I hear the fuel pump initialize If ive been driving a while it will...
3
3

Instrument Panel Died.
[Citroen Xsara 2.0 HDI] A couple of days ago my spedo, rev counter, fuel gauge, and indicator erm.. indicators [possibly more]didn't work. The warning light for the passenger air bag light up. I...
2
2

socket set case
Hi, I've got a very good stanley socket set that I've had for years but the injection moulded plastic case has almost completely fallen apart now. Does anyone know where I might get a replacement...
13
13