Latest Car Maintenance

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pug 406 keys update
SWMBO took the car to a very, very nice man in Malvern called Terry Elite Service Centre 99 Barnards Green Road Malvern Worcestershire WR14 3LT He managed to do the job in about half an hour or so a...
12 years ago

Registration Light
The small light that illuminates the rear reg plate has gone. Well one of the two has. Its on an espace and I dont know how to get to it. Is it from the inside or out and is it an east fix? Thanks ...
12 years ago 2

Removing Citroen roof bars.
Went to remove them and found they are secured by pentagonal drive 'Allen' type socket screws so I'll have to buy one. Possibly from Citroen dealer, but is there a special name for this type of key,...
12 years ago 21

Fiat Croma
Looking / considering the Fiat Croma 2.4 diesel. (2005) Anyone had / got one, and any opinions?? Took it for a test drive and it was a good a drive - if not better than any Vauxhall / Toyota / Ford ...
12 years ago 25

Cinqeucento Fuel Injector Warning Light
L reg, 74k miles & son's 1st car bought 2 wks ago from someone we know with full MOT (car not seller) with advisory on a bandaged centre section of the exhaust (we knew about this before the guy had i...
12 years ago 16

Corsa B emission warning light
I have a corsa b R reg and the emission warning light has come on, at the mot about 1 month ago we were told the exhaust will need changing before the next mot, could this be the reason or is it likel...
12 years ago 6

Access Denied
Is this a fault, or a moronically stupid design by Ford? My Focus was seriously iced up this morning, so I decided to run it for a few minutes before going to work. I left the car running and retu...
12 years ago 18

Auto box and brake servo woes
Firstly, when I put my foot on the brake pedal I can hear a hissing sound. I'm told that this is a problem with the brake servo and that I need a repair kit. I only found this out tonight so haven'...
12 years ago 7

Stiffed for road tax :-(
A couple of weeks ago I acquired a VW camper from a motor dealer (via Ebay, but with a dealer's receipt), with six months (ish) tax & test. All in good faith. Yesterday the V5 arrived, followed today...
12 years ago 23

Stupid HG question
For the last couple of weekends I've been doing a HG and valve stem seal change on my Punto. In my defence for this stupid question is it was f**kin' freezing, blowing a gale and lashing down (or s...
12 years ago 14

Was: Leaking fuel cutoff valve (but isn't).
Hi all, I got a chance to have a look for the diesel leak on my 1900 Pug lump (in a Rover 218SD) in the daylight today and it looks like I was close re the leak area but not the actual point (not ba...
12 years ago 13

Mazda not firing
As posted in uk.rec.cars.misc but guessing this is a better group for it..... Mazda MX6 / 1994 / 2.5 V6 Car started , ran for a few seconds and then conked out, won't re start. Fuel is getting to th...
12 years ago 5

Heater blower won't work Citroen Saxo- solution
Thought I'd post this in case anyone searches usenet. The blower is in a circuit from the alternator via the ignition switch. It will only work when the ignition is on And the engine is running. This...
12 years ago 5

Pug 406 keys
Ok I've lost my spare, I think it was in the jacket that vanished out of the back when I drove home with the tailgate partly open (carrying a bed if you must know). Anyway SWMBO takes the remaining ...
12 years ago 15

Merc instruments replacement
All, perhaps someone might know the best way to get the LED instrument pack on a 2000 Merc C-Class fixed or replaced, preferably whilst I wait? The LED info for odo, gear, clock etc. have degenrate...
12 years ago 1