Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tyre wear woes
My 2004 206 SW HDi wears out the rear left tyre far quicker than the rear right. The left needs changing after just 15,000 miles, the right lasted 40,000. Fronts last about 30,000. This has been the...
10
10

Do You Need Millennium Plus GPS Car Tracking?
...There are many choices out there and the research needed to choose one could drive you crazy. Some have limited features and maybe that's all you need...
1
1

Blown Head Gasket - Have Coolant - Can I Drive 20 Miles?
Hi all. I'm not much of a car guy, so I was hoping someone could give me advice. I already checked some of the boards for an answer to my question, but would like clarification on this. I have a '98...
10
10

Compressed air bottle.
A bit OT, but I'm looking for a 'DIY' compressed air bottle. The sort of thing I mean was about the same size as an aerosol bottle, that you could fill yourself using a compressor or footpump. Are...
41
41

1994 BMW 318i...immobiliser problem?
We have a a 1994 BMW 318i, occasionally it doesnt start, engine turns over fine, but it doesnt appear to fire, as if the immobiliser is disabling it some way, then the indicators and what i believe to...
1
1

Mondeo intermittent idle
OK, latest problem: My 1996 Mondeo 2.0 (silvertop Zetec) has a smooth idle but every so often it almost stalls and idles lumpily for a few seconds at about 250rpm before picking back up to...
2
2

Dumb? question: Hyundai Accent high level brake lamp
My high level brake lamp has stopped working, but when I dismantled the bulb holder assembly it looked OK (had no way of testing it at the time, but the filament / coil was intact). I can't see any...

Fiat diagnostics port??
Hi guys I have a 2003 Fiat Punto 1.2 8v. Christmas day, driving to in-laws both air bag lights came on and stayed on. Is there a diagnostic port on Fiat's? Before I had the Fiat I owned a VW Golf and...
2
2

Bloody Hilarious!
another piece of shit bites the dust :-)
83
83

Petrol - where's it all gone
Just been round Kingston upon Thames, and found no filling stations with any petrol. Plenty of diesel, just no petrol. Managed to get a tankful in Sunbury. When I spoke to the guy behind the counter,...
13
13

Headlight bulb
My car's been tending to stall when I put the headlights on, so I investigated and found the earth terminal on the wiring connector that attaches to one of the bulbs was partly melted. The earth...
4
4

Alternator woes
The very good looking alternator from the scrappy on my MK2 Golf turns out to be rubbish. It looks a month or two old, but it's not charging until you're doing about 2000 revs, making driving in...
10
10

ot: car insurance
Sorry if this is not the right place for this. I started my car insurance with churchill and was with them for 2 years. At the start of the 2nd year Churchill gave me a bonus year no claims. So...
13
13

New Passat deisel
Spoke to my brother on the phone yesterday and he mentioned his SIL's (who was visiting for Xmas) new Passat diesel had required 36 quids worth of oil from the local dealer to top it up after the low...
18
18

Cheap battery chargers
Tomorrow morning Aldi have some cheap battery chargers in. £13 a piece and it looks like they'll manage trickle charging etc. for cars that are laid up, which is nice, as usually these things are...
3
3