Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Oil stop leak products - which one works?
2002 Madza 323F BP ZM 1.6 engine. 76K miles. Just done an oil change. Looks like the main seal is leaking. It's being using oil and it looks like this is the cause. With it being FWD it's strip front...
8
8

Hotpoint fridge water filter issue
We have a mega Hotpoint fridge, American style with two doors, wide fridge, narrow freezer and with an ice and filtered water dispenser. About every 6 months a light comes on to tell us to change the...
1
1

three keys?
Hi, Some years ago I bought a secondhand car. It came with three keys. Recently I bought another. Came again with three keys which surprised me. Are cars supplied normally with 2 or 3? If two, would...
2
2

How hard wearing are leather car seats?
May be a silly question, but a friend has been offered a 3-year old Ford Focus that has done 42,000 miles, and I can see on his photos scuff marks on the drivers and passenger seat. He is wondering...
14
14

Odd battery charging voltage
Hi all, I came across a novel situation yesterday. I yanked this in-need-of-a-charge battery out of a 3 litre diesel BMW to top it up on my bench charger. It's one of those with the status window:...
11
11

Glowplug Removal
Gentlemen, Any suggestions as to how to get the glowplugs out of an alloy head without stripping the treads? I gather they can be problematical. I was thinking about putting several hundred amps...
5
5

Insurance
Rant: My parked 13 yr owned car got reversed into by an unknown driver, bumper bent torn but car's a write-off - as it's only worth £200 ( Why am I paying for comprehensive Esure insurance that will...
9
9

OT: Radar interference?
In a car group I follow a number of members have had problems with the collision avoidance systems in their cars. I believe this system, like adaptive cruise control, uses a forward facing radar to...
11
11

recommended car parts supplier.
My wife?s car (2017 Skoda Yeti) needs new rear disks and pads. Obviously lots of on line stores for this kind of stuff but I?ve never used any of them. Any recommendations? Tim
13
13

Do they do it just to annoy?
Neighbour knocked on the door. Trying to start another neighbour's car by pushing it. Asked to borrow my jump start pack as the car now down the road. It's a not new Polo. And it has a tray over the...
21
21

Corsa D 2009 1.2 litre Cable or Hydraulic clutch?.
Hi .. trying to remotely diagnose a clutch problem on daughters Corsa D 2009 car seems all was well driving normally then the clutch stopped working very abruptly! I'd have thought it was a clutch...
16
16

Euro Car Parts - result! ;-)
Daughters little 01 Corsa C 1.2 is still plodding on and now with 205,000 miles on the clock (she only wanted to get it to 200,000) but it sprang a water leak from looked like the bottom of the rad a...
2
2

Moss
I have a moss alarm in my old car and some how it wot let the car start I have no dash lights radio or anything the battery is fine as its on a trickle charger I started the car turned it off locked...
24
24

Eurocarparts niggle
Today I needed to get some bulbs. So went to Eurocarparts as they're conveniently placed. Made order, applied their 40% off MOT essentials voucher and there was no discount! I think most MOT examiners...

MIG welding with Nitrogen?
Gentlemen, I've run out of the ideal 90:10 mix of argon and CO2 for mild steel and was wondering if Nitrogen could be pressed into service as an expedient, given how long it takes for gas to be...
18
18