Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

code for my Nissan Note
Hello, Need code for my Nissan Note clarion radio please: Serial number: PN-3001PA 0006448 Model number: PN-3001P Nissan part: 28185 9U10A Thanks

mANUAL 62 Corsa 1.4 .50K miles
Took the family out for a break this morning. 2 adults and skinny 17 year old and about 20 kilos of baggage. Everything ok until we joined M60 from M62 -J12 Then a few miles on it started being weird....
5
5

Other than "investment", Is there a future for classic car/bike?
The evidence. 1: Derek Mathewson on the TV show "Bangers and Cash" lamented that sales of older vintage vehicles were in decline and "difficult". Most of these being coachbuilt by craftsmen come with...
17
17

Beware the EV car test drive...
.. because if you try one, you?ll never look at an IC engined car in the same way again. I?ve always regarded EV and rich kids toys, useful only as a second car because of their limited range or...
39
39

In-floor workshop lights
Building a new workshop, with a scissor lift and want some lights sunk into the floor underneath it. Any ideas or suggestions for suitable hard wearing or made for the job lights? Ta Steve
3
3

Automatics that have done a lot of towing
ISTR from the dim and distant past (40+ years ago) the advice was to avoid buying second hand automatics that had done a lot of towing. After all these years I can't recall what the reasoning was and...

Least Troublesome Cars
Hi all, Which new compact car could I buy today would be least likely to give me problems reliability-wise in future? thanks, Marty
83
83

hole in petrol tank...
Can you please cite a section of the MOT test that would fail a repaired fuel tank? One that has no holes and no leaks. Crossposted to
8
8

09/58 1.4 80ps, 140k, petrol Polo knock sensor?
Hi, Mate, driving home last night, 60 mph, all of a sudden he loses engine power, no response from the throttle. Manages to coast to a safe place to pull over and the engine is still ticking over ok...
3
3

Refreshing cloudy plastic headlights
I have a Master on an 04 plate with fairly bad lights, and thought from their appearance that I might have to use fine wet and dry to remove the top affected layer. But, having found out by trials on...
1
1

Best (online) database: Which one and why?
Which database is best and why? One that anyone can buy/sell spares on.

Rover 200 - How to open bonnet with snapped cable
This is a 1995 Rover 213 and has been stored a while. The bonnet cable has snapped and I hope someone might know an easy way to get in. I've smashed out the radiator grill and cut away part of the...

BMC B series race engine
Has anyone here built an 1800 race/rally engine please? I?m doing one on a budget and need some advice. Thanks :)
8
8

Simple fixed windows for van?
I have a Renault Master panel van (not coachbuilt) horsebox, the type with standard solid steel back doors. Wife has decided the horses (rear facing) need to be able to look out. The "proper" Renault...
18
18

OT: Activity
I'm having various problems connected with a change of domain, so I need to check if there's activity on this NG.
1
1