Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nissan Micra Radio Code
Hi, I am struggling to find radio code for my Nissan Micra 2003... The details are below.... S/N BP334996355804 7643349318 Many thanks in advance.

PowerLite starter.
Thought I'd give an update on this. It's basically a Denso gear reduction starter adapted by PowerLite to fit classic cars that would normally have Lucas. Running the smaller motor at a higher speed...
2
2

Alternative alternator?
Of the back of my other thread about alternator repair, my mate has found what he believes to be a similar alternator, from a 20065 Corsa, also a Bosch but the 120A model (ours was 70). Given we just...
2
2

Alternator refurb?
Hi all, Daughters trusty 1.2 Corsa C has now got over 200,000 miles on it and last week threw up an ignition light (that she failed to mention to me and carried on driving on a few short trips ..),...
29
29

Tubeless tyres- where is the 'seal'?
I (think) basically understand the principle of how tubeless tyres work/fit on the rims: there is a 'shoulder' behind the visible edge you can see and the tyre sits on that. The 'shoulder' needs to be...
7
7

Bestist rust converter?
Need to sort a bit of surface rust before I spray over the area, I have removed the surface rust, it's the pits I need to deal with. Am I best trying to dissolve the rust or convert it or both? And...
3
3

Bullshit?
I've had two PowerLite starter motors fail with the same fault. Not engaging with the ring gear (or whatever) about 80% of attempts. The motor runs with the key, though. First one was bought about 10...

Re: Rover MEMS fault code reader
Can I have this as latest reply? I am still working on it but have some code working for various MEMS ECU versions, starting it as a web application too which works through google chrome with the...

Re: Nissan March (Micra) CVT Gearbox not changing gears - please help.
CG 10 Nissan March specific gearbox transmission fluid

Dream garage design opinions
I have knocked up a sketchup of my proposed garage layout, I'd appreciate some opinions on what you'd add/remove/move ect? The video - Looking for constructive feedback on my first draft of my dream...
9
9

Fiesta PAS pipe nut
I need to replace the PTFE seal on my Fiesta PAS pump nut. I don't see the seals for sale on their own (and it looks like they're trucky to get on and off without damaging them), only fitted to a new...
6
6

DPF Cleaning
Hi all, Does anyone have any experience of this stuff? /Wynns Professional Off Car Diesel Particulate Filter DPF Flush Cleaner/ Supposedly the next best thing to an actual physical DPF replacement....
1
1

P38 hardener
Does anyone know if other two part hardeners work with Isopon P38 as I cannot find mine but have some for araldite and another epoxy?
3
3

Programming a new car battery??
Gentlemen, I'm hoping it was just a bad dream, but I vaguely recall recently hearing somewhere that as from such and such a date, new car batteries will need to be 'programmed into' the vehicles in...
54
54

Fiesta PAS pump question.
I've been trying to discover the source of a loudish ticking noise on my old 2003 Fiesta. It's something down on the driver's side of the engine, so I'm taking things off until I find the culprit. It...
6
6