Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nissan micra 2005 radio code
Hi I got Nissan micra 2005 and I lost May radio code and after change battery need code please help me SN : BP334958125724 8635123393

Manufacturer Reliability
Hi, At my age I've had enough of crawling about under cars or trying to hire some nerd to hook up his computer to my motor and tell me what's wrong with it. I'm too old for all that sh1t. Is there an...
1
1

OT North West London to M3. Which Route ?
Any opinions for a Car Route from North West London (Finchley Central) to joining the M3 traveling South West. Looking for the least Hassle. (ie free flowing traffic as much as possible) With the aim...
2
2

OT North West London to M3. Which Route ?
Any opinions for a Car Route from North West London (Finchley Central) to joining the M3 traveling South West. Looking for the least Hassle. (ie free flowing traffic as much as possible) With the aim...
13
13

There's a hole in my bucket...
Alternator on the old car is playing up. Output low - only reading 13.1v instead of the usual 13.8v, engine running. Battery tested and just fine. When the original alternator played up, I decided to...
10
10

The van has done it again
We had this discussion in another thread when I noted that you no longer see broken 'fan' belts on the side of the road like we used to with the old V-belts. having watched my neighbour wrestling with...
19
19

Starter saga.
Some may remember the saga of this a few weeks ago, but here's a summary and update. Ish. Old Rover went into a local garage to get the sump gasket changed. I'd sorted out all the other oil leaks,...
4
4

List of Chevrolets from the 1940s
On an idle whim, I?m trying to remember what car my parents owned when we lived in the USA many years ago. They had a black 4 door Chevy, not too dissimilar to a Morris Minor on steroids. Pretty sure...
3
3

SOT - car computer functions
I have a Jazz just over 4 years old. Like many modern cars, it can "sense" speed signs and show the limit on a dash display (this is /not/ the satnav display). If required, I can set the speed limiter...
1
1

OT: bloody W10 and networked printer.
Trying to print a couple of pages to a networked laser (Brother HL) from my desktop, I must have mis-keyed and accidentally sent the whole (very large) doc. So I did my usual trick of pulling out the...
1
1

Flooded Cars?..
Seeing a great number of cars in water recently, some just up to the sills some to the roof bars. IN this day of lots of electronics in cars what are the chances of them working again, or are they all...
28
28

Glow plug timer relay
This seems to be misbehaving on my ATV (this has a 3 cylinder diesel, badged Caterpillar but presumably Japanese, and has a "glow plug on" light). From a quick eBay, I can get one for a Freelander for...
4
4

PowerLite starter motor.
Anyone had one of these apart? They're aftermarket types often used to replace early series wound Lucas types. They use a Jap permanent magnet high speed motor with reduction gearing, so rather kinder...
11
11

'Piggyback' Fuses
Hi all, Anyone know if there's such a thing that you can plug into an existing blade-type fuse slot that enables you to easily draw two +12V supplies rather than just the one? I need to run a webcam...
2
2

Cat thief crushed by car
Oh dear. Is this an example of schadenfreude ?