Need a new clutch

I'm gonna be buying a new clutch really soon. I'm looking at either the OEM or the "slightly stronger than OEM" option from Flyin Miata. There's only about $10 difference, but I haven't seen any reviews of the FM option.

FM:

-59000"1994-05 replacement clutch kit" $220OEM:
't seem to be a good way to link to specific parts on their site,but it's the OEM clutch kit for the 94 miata for $211.57 I'm running completely stock & tho I hope to one day have the cash to add a SC, there's a good chance it'll never happen on this one, so I shouldn't need to worry about that.

Thanks for any input.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

One thing I dislike is too wimpy of a clutch. I'm not saying I want to have to prove my manhood every time I drive but I prefer it to have some effort. To me a super easy clutch is almost as bad as over-assisted power steering. My guess is that the upgraded model would be more to my liking plus it sounds like you may have occasion to upgrade at some point. Overbuilt is not a bad thing. Just my 2 scents ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

But bear in mind that truly stiff pressure plates are hard on the crank thrust bearing at startup, which is why it's recommended to disable the clutch-starter interlock. Once the oil pressure comes up, no problemo.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Lanny, do you think that issue would come into play with the one he describes as 'slightly stronger than stock'? Maybe that would be a good question for him to run past the guys at FM.

chris

99bbb
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

It's why they have a phone number, after all. They've never been shy about answering questions.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers