Where are you and your Miata?

Heh. Shame on me, but, take heart, it'll be wet, gray and chilly here soon enough (though apparently not this week).

Unfortunately, I had enough chores to do this morning that I didn't get started riding until almost noon, and had a flat less than a mile from the house! Rather than messing with a patch, I walked back and swapped-in a new tube, but this made my departure even later. On top of that, I had to be back earlier than I'd hoped for a relative's birthday dinner, so it made for a relatively short ride today - just 38 miles / 2,000 feet total climb in about 2.5 hours.

If the weather forecast is accurate, I may be able to do the 70-mile ride I want on Friday - I'll need it after Thursday :-)

This summer, I drove my Miata a lot less because I was riding a lot more, but it makes me really appreciate the time I do drive the Miata.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Wasn't it actually called the MX-5 Miata in North America anyway? I understand Miata is just what it's commonly refered to as over there? I seem to recall reading that the NC is now just MX-5 and they have dropped the Miata bit, so they could call it MX-5 everywhere (not sure about Japan though)?

R.

Reply to
Richard Phillips

You betcha - I contacted all the PA Miata folks that I know and told them to post here. ;-D

Actually if I'd really done that, there'd be a whole lot more than 5!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

please reply with CITY, STATE (and COUNTRY

Santa Monica, CA ... U S of A

-- Steve McMahon Green '07 Sport

Reply to
McMahon

Mazda clearly wanted to eliminate the 'Miata' name in the US, but after just one year they seem to have given up as evident by the 2008 models on the MazdaUSA web site once again being called the "MX-5 Miata."

of car names, did you hear this weeks puzzler on Click and Clack? Name three cars that are named with plural nouns. I can only think of the Daihatsu Applause (assuming that applause is the plural of applause). Any other ideas?

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Most likely. Many of these people would not, of course, drive white Miatas. Here in Florida we prefer quality over quantity.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

. Here in Florida we prefer quality over quantity.

Interesting thought from a guy with 2 Miatas ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Hey Steve, happy to have you weigh in! That puts CA at 4 with TX. Hopelessly trailing both PA and the U.K.!

Thanks, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo
2006 Galaxy Gray MX-5 Sport 6MT, LSD.

Rural Iowa, nearest town, Keystone.

Jim

Reply to
George Jetson

Treating the UK as a state is probably giving us an unfair advantage mind, Chris! Though seeing as it's a US-based newsgroup, things are probably evened up a bit ;)

R.

Reply to
Richard Phillips

Speaking of car names, did you hear this weeks puzzler on Click and> Clack? Name three cars that are named with plural nouns. I can only> think of the Daihatsu Applause (assuming that applause is the plural> of applause). Any other ideas? I suppose once a name gets into the public domain, it's hard to backtrack. I suppose it's the same as if Coca-Cola wanted to stop people using the term Coke?!

R.

Reply to
Richard Phillips

Speaking of car names, did you hear this weeks puzzler on Click and Clack? > Name three cars that are named with plural nouns. I can only think of the > Daihatsu Applause (assuming that applause is the plural of applause). Any > other ideas?

Chelmsford, Essex, UK where it is raining right now. Got a Blue 2.0 Coupe. The top is slower than a manual rag top to put up when it rains unexpectedly but it does mean we don't have to be quite so careful where we park.

Reply to
Invisible Man

They are both white!

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

San Antonio, TX

1990 Red - Turbocharged
Reply to
Brian

I've been so puzzled, I'm going to turn it into a thread!!

"Christopher Muto" > Speaking of car names, did you hear this weeks puzzler on Click and Clack?

Reply to
Jack McGann

Yeah, but ... I'm on my *2nd* Miata. Does that give The Golden State 5?

-- SM

Reply to
McMahon

Antwerp, Belgium (Europe, if you need to ask...)

Black 1.6 1998 MX-5 NB

Occasional visitor of this group

Werner B.

Reply to
Werner B.

Well, if you get to count your 2nd Miata, then so do I - and that gives PA 6!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

So you're saying that you prefer both quality AND quantity!

not bad if you can get it!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

George Jetson / Galaxy Gray! You didn't think you could just slide that one thru from out there in rural Iowa did you ;-)

#1 f/ Iowa! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo