Where are you and your Miata?

[...]

Following up on my own post, if anyone cares...

Weatherman didn't lie; clear as a bell, though a bit cool. So I took advantage of a 20% off sale at Performance Bike before 9a, got leg warmers and a long-sleeved jersey, and did a 62-mile ride today in comfort.

I might have to go for a drive in the Miata on Sunday to help restore balance to the universe ;-)

BTW, I borrowed my daughter's Mazda 3 to drive down to Performance Bike, and was once again reminded how really nice a car it is. It's not a Miata, but it's a helluva sweet econo-daily driver.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

We can call it my car, if you like. Just sign the line on the title. Of course, that is a lot of parts left to replace. ;-)

It must be, the one from my '91 is missing too. Only on the driver side.

I wonder how the cap from my '96 that I sent stayed on the original car for almost 8 years.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Northern 'burbs of Perth, WA, Australia Red 94 Aussie Spec. (Power windows, Power mirrows, no airbags, no headrest speakers, mags, open diff, dash lights both sides, no clutch interlock, steering wheel where it should be)

Reply to
Mal Osborne

Sounds excellent. They are talking about it freezing here tonight, and it's not even December yet!

Are you on a road bike or a mountain bike? I'll feel a little better if it is a high-quality road bike, my ancient mountain bike takes quite a bit more energy to go the same distance as one of those.

I picked up one of the carbon fiber frame bikes the other day with one finger and was just shaking my head. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Cork,Ireland.51.91381236755511N 8.454902172088623W

92 Mariner Blue Mazda Roadster (direct Jap import) 177,800Kms. Lurked here for years.Thanks for great info.All the best to all. (minus a thousand to reply)Dan Bennett..
Reply to
dan

Chris,

My 91 BRG w/ 210,000 miles is in Irvine, California.

Gus

Reply to
nosfatsug

Gus might be the one guy who is 'separated' from his Miata! Gus, I'll add you (reluctantly) as CA!

Later, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

'Bout time Mal! just kidding. Glad you got Australia on the board!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Dan, thanks for being #1 from Ireland! I have a niece who's marrying an Irish guy and going there to do it. Any idea what round trip tickets run these days (well in advance)? FYI, I'm in the Houston area.

Thanks again, Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Chris,

Thanks. My daughter is taking good care of the car and sure enjoys having it to drive to school. She gets quite a few amazed comments when the boys figure out that she is driving a stick. More important, she lets me drive it when I am in town.

Gus

Reply to
nosfatsug

HI Chris,Delta & Aer Lingus go direct from Atlanta & Orlando or fly to London & transfer.All seem to be about $1000 and about 18 hours total.There are cheap flights to NY for shopping but then they get you for taxes and duty on the way back.

for example All the best, Dan.

Reply to
dan

That's a good start. Gives me some idea anyway.

Appreciate it! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Chris, you should check out travelocity.com

I don't know if a trip to Ireland is typically more expensive than one to Germany, but I was looking at $653.00 for tickets there on a fairly short notice.

If you don't have a passport and are really considering a trip, get it now. There have been huge delays and it costs a lot to have them expedited. I believe that the cost is $97.00 for adults. Add $10.00 for the passport photo that must be taken in advance.

Pat

Reply to
pws

My '95 R is in Princeton, NJ right now. Does that count?

Geez, this thread's going to live forever... 8;)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

"pws" wrote

Pat - While your advice to get a passport *before* it is needed is valid, my buddies over at the State Department have done a real good job of jumping on the passport logjam. Things seem to be moving along quite nicely these days. My son recently received his within 3 weeks - unexpedited, and I've read quite a few reports of the same sort of turnaround.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Glad to hear that. The Germany trip didn't happen after all, but having it expedited would have more than doubled the cost of getting a passport.

The people at the post office told me that it could be anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks, and that I should allow extra time for any possible mistakes to be corrected. They also mentioned the logjam, but that was about a month ago.

I could look this up, but do you know off-hand how long they are good for? Also, do you know if Americans can still border-hop into Mexico and Canada (limited distance, limited time spent there), without one?

Thanks,

Pat

Reply to
pws

"pws" wrote

Yeah, you could, you lazy bum. ;)

Ten years. Yes, I do know.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Larry, get back to Alexandria! See, now Big Brother (Chris) is keepin' an eye on you! ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Sorry, had to head north for a pizza fix...

-- Larry (C>Larry, get back to Alexandria! See, now Big Brother (Chris) is keepin' an

Reply to
pltrgyst

Oh pizza! you're forgiven of course :-)

Chris (contemplating pizza and Christmas trees......)

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo