Where are you and your Miata?

Chelmsford, Ma... U S of A

Reply to
Jack McGann

Sugar Land, TX

Reply to
akhan

Trent Woods, North Carolina, USA (wife owns the 1997 Miata)

Reply to
Ballroom Dancer

Trent Woods, North Carolina, USA (wife owns the 1997 Miata)

Reply to
Ballroom Dancer

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania here. Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

Beaverton, Oregon

2003 Garnet Red Mica with detachable hardtop
Reply to
michael.gies

I'm just judging by what I hear in traffic, but my guess is that Miatas, Porsches, and Z3/4s are overwhelmingly manuals, while domestics (Corvette, Solstice, Sky) tend to be automatics. The sedans that some call "sports cars" (Mustang, etc.) are almost invariably automatics. Many U.S. and Japanese models are not even available with manual transmissions.

We now have two generations of drivers who never learned to use a clutch.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Minneapolis MN... just getting first flurries

'96, 65k

miker

Reply to
miker

Auburn, MA USA

Silver 2000 though I'll probably sell it in the Spring and get something bigger.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

Standards are much harder to find but they are out there. I've been looking at used cars (mostly sport sedans, 3-series, A4s, G35s). Far and few but they are out there with nice options.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

I'm pretty sure autos are more common in the U.S. among all cars, including the majority of non-sporty sedans, most SUVs and probably all minivans. But the sportier cars - ranging from hot hatches to sports sedans to pure sports cars and roadsters - still are often stick.

One major difference between here and say Europe is, almost all rental cars in the U.S. are automatics, whereas I gather in Europe autos are more the exception than the rule.

Reply to
earache

If you've rented a car the rentals are almost all automatics.

Reply to
XS11E

Saint Peters, MO...The Heartland of Mid-America. '90 Classic Red purchased new 7/03/89 and '06 Acura RSX. All other info at

BK

Dallas. '96, Montego Blue, 103K near perfect miles.

75 degrees and sunny today. Ha Ha Ha.

How 'bout them Cowboys!

Reply to
Frank Berger

Yes -- she has a red '03 with a tan top. Garaged in West Cross, actually.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst
2006 MX-5 Springfield,IL

The "Land of Lincoln" Capitol of the State of Illinois Home of the Abe Lincoln Miata Club

(The MX-5 was purchased in Peoria...)

Chris D'Agnolo wrote: !

Reply to
CR

On a recent visit to Iceland, (almost) all rentals have manual transmissions. Even the buses that carry passengers from Keflavik to Reykjavik are manual shift. All of the comforts of a modern excursion bus - with "rev & shift" like a 1940's Greyhound.

XS11E wrote:

Reply to
CR

Congrats Richard, 1st from outside the continental US!

Thanks, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Richard, The Miata (MX-5) is one of the few cars here in the US that is predominantly a manual transmission car. Auto's are few and far between.

Thanks for the reply, Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

CA is the first state with 2 folks replying!

Thanks Roland, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo