Advantages v disadvantages of a diesel!!!

Wouldnt tell you anything other than the people that bought them did it to get the money back with intended high mileage.

All it will tell you is it was scrapped. Not why, not how many repairs turbos or whatever and that deisels are bought by people that do high milages....

Reply to
Burgerman

Needs nitrous. YKIMS.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'm gonna have to mention irv gordon again aren't I?

Tim S Kemp

Plus V8s always sound broken below 4000 rpm.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Same shitty oil lubes all the engines moving parts though that was simply an example which you chose to gloss over again.

Absolutely wrong, it is almost all that matters other than cold starting.

Niether do fuel injected petrol engines.

????? Name another reason an engine wears then since you know more than I do!

Reply to
Burgerman

So, what you're saying is that there's no proof either way.

Good. We've finally got there.

Reply to
SteveH

Now that would make buying an automatic superdiesel worthwile - a 25% price saving and a 25% volume saving would probably tip my balance to getting an C320 or CLK320 Cdi. But for a 25% volume saving it's not worth while.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

See those cranks, conrods, cams, oil and water pumps, you know all the stuff that's all part of the 'engine' as a unit. They're all more likely to kill an engine than the kind of fuel it uses.

Reply to
SteveH

Of course not you cant understand again can you. It says only that people that intend to do huge mileages think a diesels economy is a good idea.

And thats all it says.

Reply to
Burgerman

Always remember that the Montego TD estate was the first of the useable diesel cars, enough power to keep up with the base petrol models, maybe a little more. And no more noisy than the utterly dreadful Sierra 2.3D.

I went from Montego to Sierra. Thankfully to V6 AWD sierra.

Montego used to do 35mpg mixed usage, and diesel was cheaper than petrol back then.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The sooner they ban smoking in public places the better.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Alfa have only recently started making diesels - they've not quite perfected the self destructing ones yet.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No - there's no proof in favour of either fuel. Which you've more or less admitted to now. That's what myself and several others have spent a couple of days trying to get out of you.

We got there in the end, though.

Reply to
SteveH

All those parts die only because of lubrication faliure or wear which is faster in diesels caused by shitty abrasive carbon laden oil!!! You have another hole in your foot. And that is WITHOUT all the extra stress caused by no throttle plate and 23 to 1 compression!!!

Suggest you just admit that you were wrong because its pretty damned obvious. Are you too childish?

Reply to
Burgerman

Erm... Grand Cherokee???

You know all them niggly rattles and build quality issues you get with big american built Fords...

... wait 'til you buy a Chrysler!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You seem to be suggesting that the one and only cause of engine failure is carbon in the oil.

I've suggested that this is definitely not the case.

You seem to have a problem with diesel engines, I can't fully understand why, but that's your choice.

Still, it's fun seeing you thrashing about shouting about one single factor that may or may not be the cause of an engine's expiration.

I'm still waiting to see some proof that you're right on this one - but it hasn't been posted yet.

Reply to
SteveH

No my argument is unchanged. Everything I said in post 1 is still true. And I have just shown you that diesels wear faster by at least one method. And you agreed, but decided it didnt matter!

That's what myself and several others have spent a

What did you get out of me that I didnt say in post 1 ? NOTHING you are a fool who is out of his depth.

Reply to
Burgerman

Of course, for the sake of the childruuuuun you'll get the 6.0 Diesel V8,

235 bhp, 440 lb ft....

..no? ....

... oh go on then, 6.8 V10 305bhp / 420 lb-ft - think how quick it could go with a bit of fettling.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, a fool is the person who keeps posting theories without evidence to back them up.

Reply to
SteveH

No never. I simply explained why they wear faster and never even mebtion engine faliure, only turbo faliure. Same cause incidentally. Carbon in the oil will always accelerate wear in any engine.

I have no problem, they are ok for big industrial generators/buses boats, etc just not as suitable as petrol for many reasons in personal transport unless the only thing you require is marginal economy improvements.

Wear. And everyone with a brain knows its the case.

Head in sand again? Trying to save face? What is it about shitty oil wearing your engine and cooking in your turbo bearing you cant understand?

Reply to
Burgerman