manifold(stainless steel)

I think he was posting from your mother.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I said I had no idea what they use because I didnt. Why would I ? I dont have anything to do with F1

Broke neck, back and all my ribs and my right femur and spent 6 weeks in a coma and a year in a spinal unit 9 years ago. Since then I stick to a wheelchair.

Reply to
Burgerman

Just get a nice little TIG (or TAGS as we are now supposed to call it) unit with AC/DC and HF start. Some people make TIG out to be hard but I found it to be a lot easier than MIG but I started with gas so that could go some way to explaining it. With stainless you should have a gas shroud on both faces when welding.

Reply to
Depresion

Sorry about that.............the subject is closed!

Ken

Lol..................they actually made every part of the cars from scratch, and everything was brand new.

But I guess someone who messes around putting V8s in old Sierras, has far more knowledge about this sort of thing than the person that actually built them...........

The type of person capable of doing this type of work really does put most of the Google Garys on usenet to shame dont you think?

Ken

Wonder if any of you dimwits can find out from Google the reason F1 cars use manifolds made from inconel?

Ken

Nice blue you get on Titanium.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Does this mean I won?

Reply to
Burgerman

You f*ck goats?

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

I think all the time. V8 sierra was just my tow car.

Reply to
Burgerman

[thinks about inserting comment about "winning" and "walking" but thinks better of it]
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You can't drive the original safely? How did it survive?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True. Most students of the '60s altered their minds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Even stranger, how come people manage to race them to this day? The real cars that is, not some knock up replica.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I didnt know you were disabled.............

Ken

What difference does that make? My brain certainly isnt! And my previous experience and knowledge still beats yours!

Exactly what are your experience/skills?

Reply to
Burgerman

He isn't, he just can't use his legs. He is far better abled than many in here, and very few would argue different.

Reply to
Elder

So is a year 2000 replica of a 1920's brake system any safer than NOS parts for a 1920's brake system? I imagine that authentic 1920's replica brake shoes wouldn't be authentic anymore because Asbestos has now been banned. Unless they still used leather faced shoes back then. If it is original, and using brand new parts, that means he can only use parts from companies that still make parts for models from 3/4 of a century ago. Does anyone still do that?

Reply to
Elder

Ken, protest marches were just an excuse to go out, meet birds and get laid.

And now you daren't if you are student. If you do you are a criminal, likely to get locked up, and then possibly get your student loans revoked.

Reply to
Elder

And why would a gutless old 1920s car actually need fancy hard to manufacture manifolds?

Reply to
Burgerman