manifold(stainless steel)

Other than in your imagination, when did that happen?

Reply to
Steve Firth

No Chris, I'm asking you if you think that Inconel is the only material used to make an F1 manifold, even where the manifold is fabricated from welded Inconel plate.

It also seems strange that you didn't know about the iron content of Iconel(R) as well. Perhaps you should stop parroting stuff you heard in the pub? You know, like your claim that you knew about road tolling and had been given secret information from a man you met while crossing a bridge?

Possibly the same bridge used by goats.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Are you hard of reading?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes your web pages would suggest you did.

Ken

It seems strange that mr filth only seems to be able to post, after he has had the chance to do a Google, so it might appear that he knows what he is on about..........

Ken

25 years building drag race engines and designing and building automotive dynamometers, custom turbo instalations on bikes and cars, fuel injection programming, and building nitrous systems. 25 years of drag racing 300 bhp per litre turbo/nitrous street drag bikes, V8 engine converted ford sierras, with home bult Nitrous systems etc, (my tow car for the mobile dyno) as well as scratch building pulse jets and gas turbine motors. And much other stuff like testing bikes for performance bikes mag for 5 or 6 years.

And your experience is???

Reply to
Burgerman

Whats more interesting is that you failed to answer my question.

Reply to
Burgerman

You dont. You take a trained monkey and he screws someone elses work back together. Guy from quickfit could do it.

Reply to
Burgerman

But turbine blades only glow red hot on starting before safe idle rpm is reached where the exhaust gas temperature falls to a sensible 570 to 620 degrees. 650 to720 or so is the usual temp for flat out running. So when it needs strength its already cooler.

Reply to
Burgerman

And bikes from supersport 600s upwards!

Reply to
Burgerman

Of course he has. His arse was so sore he couldn't sit down for a week.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

About the same number as the inconel stainles ones!

Reply to
Burgerman

Titanium is not really that expensive. And it is exactly the same to work as stainless. USD$27 a kilo according to this page.

F1 use inconel.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

What sort of clobber do you need for that sort of metalwork? I'd like to be able to DIY stuff up but the shed's a bit bare in the metalwork dept.

Reply to
Doki

Tig welder Stainless tube Stainless bends File! Oh a drip press for drilling flanges. And a hacksaw! Time and most important knowledge! (Just like "ken") Grinders, flapwheel, buffing wheels etc

Thats all you NEED to do one offs.. But that would be much harder work than using lathes, mills, bandsaws, jigs, farming out the cutting of exhaust / turbo flanges etc. Fortunately while drag racing you meet a lot of helpful people with the bits of equipment you have not got! For eg, Fat Cannon (looks loike a cannonball going down the strip) is dead useful for better stronger gears with less "dogs" and more backlash. He works for Midland Gears! So if you keep busting suzuki 2nd gears hes you man. Oil pump gears too with higher ratios.

Where theres a will...

Reply to
Burgerman

F1 can afford too.

6/7000 bhp top fuel use stainless steel - works fine. Everything else fails other than the header pipes!
Reply to
Burgerman

Like you said. In F1 it only needs to last 1 race.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I would be fascinated to see them.

As I don't have any webpages, let along ones that mention Lister stationary engines, this would be an interesting acheivement of yours.

Reply to
straggle

Yes and sometimes they dont!

Reply to
Burgerman

Fuck me thats some CV............seems strange you dont have a clue what material they use to make F1 exhaust manifolds!

What bike are you racing at the moment I wonder? I used to work for a former European drag bike champion, and may well have met you at a meeting.

Ken