Oh dear i've only gone and bought a mk2 escort

Actually, an engine swap might be a good idea. An old mate of mine used to run a NA Sierra Cosworth engine in his 3 door mk2 1.3 (L I think); he upped the compression and carbed it with twin 48's. Fitted and LSD and single piece prop too. Lowered all round, RS wheels, quick rack, Mexico front and rear spoilers. Nice mechanicals but the body was starting to get bad. Swapped it in the end for an XR4i because he couldn't be arsed to fix all the tin worm.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤
[...]

Bored/stroked to 1700 the X-flow can deliver ~125bhp reliably *and* driveably...

Nice wee motor. :)

Alistair J Murray

Don't do it. Seriously. It'll return next to f*ck all, always be in the garage for tune ups and you'll flatten the battery before it'll fire in Winter.

A far better mod is to fit a 2L Pinto and Fuel Injection system from a Ford Grandad.

Reply to
Conor

Yep. Stops the body and rear suspension travelling in different directions on cornering. What tends to happen is the body moves outwards on a corner compared to the back axle. This eliminates that.

Reply to
Conor

Yes I was turning towards that idea also and a 5 speed gearbox is so much nicer, guess I'll be looking for a transmission tunnel from rally design also.

Reply to
Michael Kent

How exactly does it fit as i havent seen a picture where one is fitted it doesnt seem to make sense

Reply to
Michael Kent

Mate, if you're going that far you might as well reshell it with a 2 door shell, or buy a 2 door and mod that. I can't bear to think of a 4 door modded up like that...

Reply to
??? Abo ???

Thats the whole point I'm afraid, I love street sleepers.

Reply to
Michael Kent

Fair play then. Shame it doesn't have a vinyl roof ;)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Don't 2 doors usually have a stiffer body though?

Reply to
REMUS

2 Door Automatics are the top choice..
Reply to
Theo

I remember chucking up all over the back seat in a red one of those decades ago.

Dads bad driving on the way to Scotland on the M6! + Hot stuffy car :)

Was only 5 or 6 at the time.

John

Reply to
John

Bracket on each side welds over the chassis rail in front of the axle. Two rods run from each chassis mount to a mounting point on the axle which is basically a lump of metal that clamps round it.

Another rod then runs from a point on the chassis on one side only in line with the rear of the axle and runs across the axle, bolting to it on the opposite side.

Reply to
Conor