OT: PS2 or X-Box?

Seeing as you chaps seem pretty knowlegable about consoles...

got to buy one as a pressie - which one and why?

Cheers MikeP

Reply to
Mike P

The PS2 has a bigger collection of good games the Xbox is more powerful. What types of games are the recipients into? For racing and fighting games then the PS2 for RPG's the Xbox. Online the Xbox tends to have more games support as the old PS2's didn't have network connection out of the box but you have to pay Microsoft an annual subscription for it.

Reply to
Depresion

If the individual getting the gift has the original PlayStation, all original games are compatible with the PS2, so this would be my preference.

Otherwise, to be fair they're both great machines and whilst we could argue the pros and cons of the relative platforms, either are hugely entertaining with the right games. So get the one you can get the best deal on!

Reply to
DervMan

In terms of machine spec and what you get in the box for your money - xbox every time. However factor in the games and the ps2 controller and there's not much in it. However Xbox is chippable (as is the ps2) hackable and far more flexible if you're into that sort of thing. Xbox is also a superior dvd movie player and supports mp3/divx etc being a pc. If I was buying one of the two now (I have both) then i'd get an xbox - but then there's gran turismo 3 and 4 soon for ps2 so i'd probably buy both again. God I bet that's helped.

Reply to
JohnR

If you get the action replay max evo for the PS2 it will play MP3s and Divx films along with Sega Megadrive games. Xbox's will do this when chipped.

Reply to
Depresion

i'm not starting on that again! my biased opinion is x box! :)

Reply to
Vamp

Is that some sort of boot disk? Got a link to a site? I'd love to use my PS2 as a divx player.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

HTH

worth it by the way ;o) alltho I dont think I payed that much...worth searching for better prices.

Mason

Reply to
Mason