RIP Saab

Because Peugeot and Citroen have an equal, (if not more of a), hand in the design and development of those.

Reply to
JackH

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Fiat seem to be in bed with most people.

Ford with the Ka/500 Opel with the Corsa/Punto & diesel engines Suzuki with the SX/Sedici Chrysler with the US market PSA with the vans & sprogbuses - that's a very long-standing JV, though, going back to the early '70s.

Reply to
Adrian

People in glass houses.

Reply to
SteveH

I have efficiency, I would like a side of soul to go with it.

Reply to
Elder

I don't ever recall there ever being a VW Quattro.

Reply to
Elder

The A3 uses Haldex.

It's highly unlikey that in the unlikely event that VAG did buy Saab, they'd get Audi running gear - not when VAG can re-cycle the Golf / Passat platform.

The only way Saab would get Quattro is if they got previous generation kit, like the Seat Exeo.

Reply to
SteveH

What do you think a B5.5 Passat 4-Motion is in all but name, then?

And then there's the Golf 4-Motion / Octavia Scout with an alternative 4x4 system.

Reply to
JackH

Yay, I got one! (c;

The compressors are connected to Dowty Rotol or Hamilton Standard propellers.

Brakes are multi-plate affairs, a bit like motorbike clutches, with anti-skid, designed to help stop 12 or 23 tonne aircraft from well over

100mph.

Cruise control on some planes can even do the landing itself.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Maybe VAG won't but can see VAG wanting Scania either, but if Ferdi Pieche wants, Ferdi Pieche gets and then it is Porsche that owns it not VAG.

Reply to
Elder

No sign of my car in the car park though.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Sweet, but can it handsoff reverse park?

Reply to
Elder

Most planes are reverse parked without any intervention from the pilot apart from releasing and applying the parking brake.

Some other planes are allowed to reverse the pitch of their propellers and reverse but generally only with the help of a person equipped with table tennis bats.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Do you get to do the funky dancing stuff, then?

Reply to
SteveH

I don't weild table tennis bats. I do make some hand gestures in the line of duty, and sometimes I dance funkily, but just for fun.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'm sure the boss of Porsche would take heart from the fact you can't spell his name... and I'd be grateful if you could point out exactly where either Porsche or VAG have shown any interest in Saab other than 'in your head'.

And whilst you're there, I was wondering if you'd could reaffirm exactly what a B5.5 Passat 4-Motion is, if it isn't a 'VW Quattro' in all but name.

I thought of another example as well; do you reckon that Audi and VW (and Porsche for that matter), developed completely different 4WD drivetrains for the Q7, Tourag and Cayenne respectively?

TIA

Reply to
JackH

But they did them on the petrols, right?

So as an auto diesel Bravo wasn't an option, you bought an auto *petril* [1]

156?
Reply to
AstraVanMann

for the short time that it is.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Sounds like a punto to me...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You couldn't get a decent petrol auto at the time in a Bravo. This was pre T-Jet lumps.

Reply to
SteveH

5 year warranty these days. You may well need it, but it does show some confidence in their products.
Reply to
SteveH