RIP Saab

"JackH" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

That's still on the Mk4 Golf platform, though - the rest are all on the Mk5/6

Reply to
Adrian

They have withdrawn the 5 year warranty offer , though they were = definitely doing it for about 9 months on the 500 and bravo.

--=20 Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

doing it for about 9 months on the 500 and bravo.

I love when a manufacturer has confidence in their products.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I must have missed the bit of the thread whereby it was determined we were specifically talking about the Mk5/6 platform.

Reply to
JackH

I've seen one. Way too tall.

Reply to
Doki

Where I used to work, if you were an architect, you drove a SAAB or an Audi.

Proof, as if it were needed, that SAAB and Audi are fighting for the same £ notes, and that merging them into one company would cause the universe to implode. We would then be left in another dimension, in which there was complete darkness and silence, apart from the sound of SteveH, Dervman and Tim arguing about the marketing strategies of major car makers, and the merits of their products.

Some religions call this dimension "hell".

Reply to
Doki

Are they? End of last year they had a drop of over 40% in earnings, an increase in debt and a massive drop in liquidity. Of course they will survive, because they are the biggest company in Italy and corruption is practically a national sport, so they will be bailed out as much as they need, as they have been innumerable times in the past. I don't think that you can really ascribe their survival to the quality of the cars or the management of the business.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

They're growing their market share in a shrinking market.

They had, last time I looked, 13 consecutive quarters of growth.

Reply to
SteveH

All non-premium manufacturers in all fields tend to increase their market share in recessive periods, especially those which offer good discounts. Fiat make affordable cars, and have reacted to the current climate by making them moreso, so people who would otherwise not want to risk buying something percieved as potentially flaky will be more prepared to take the risk. These effects are cyclical, and correlate with the financial climate - i.e. I wouldn't read too much into them.

You could be right, and it may be that people are bored with the other brands and perceive Fiat group to be fresh and interesting, but it seems to contradict the lex parsimoniae to me.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Its Usenet, it's the law like a focus doesn't handle, at all, ever and the Prious should be the next Toyota F1 car as it is far superior to anything else, and is too much of a sweet handling comfy hypercar weapon to be a normal family motor (or it will be sometime in late 2010-early

2011 when Steve finally gets one).
Reply to
Elder

Are you telling me the lawyer, doctor, architect, teacher, actor "Nice person" stereotype has absolutley no grounding in history at all?

Are you on blob or something, you are very irrational.

Reply to
Elder

Paging Adrian!

Reply to
SteveH

That is what I mean about going back to their leftfield roots.

Reply to
Elder

Whilst the original, pre-GM Saabs may well have appealed to professions like the above, the post GM ones haven't.

Something to do with people quickly realising that by enlarge they're s**te and not a patch on the old skool ones I think you'll find.

Audis appealed, and continue to appeal, to all sorts and for different reasons but to state they are for 'those who like badges' just says more about you than anyone that ever bought an Audi tbh.

No, I just happen to find your small minded presentation of 'stereotypes as fact' (1) irritating to say the least.

(1) 'Jeremy Clarkson decreed it, ergo it must both true and fully embraced'.

Reply to
JackH

So?

If you like coming across as an uninformed dreamer, carry on.

Reply to
JackH

Well it does have a tried and tested kers system...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Mike P gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Oi. Fuck off. "Grown up"? How very _dare_ you?

Reply to
Adrian

"Tim S Kemp" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'm not sure the Pious comes fitted with "kers" plural. Just the one ker, I think.

Reply to
Adrian

:-p

heh