rs6 vs tree ouch

and he walked away

Rob

some more pics

Rob

Holy f*ck.

Holy f*ck's younger (more saintlier) brother.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Looks worse than it is 'cos the emergency services severely chopped it into bits and moved them around.

Reply to
SteveH

Trees always win

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The wheels still look ok though, wonder if the insurance co sold them??

Reply to
Me

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was sick enough to have thought that ;-)

"Hmm, that seat looks ok...nah it's ripped"

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

"What you see is what you get, i.e. there was no cutting of the vehicle prior to the pictures being taken. It is my brother-in-law that you see holding the mobile phone, he honestly doesn't know the speed that he was going at but wasn't near as fast as he has done in the past on that particular part of the road.

Although the road was completely dry he said that it felt he was on ice and the car just careened into the tree. He actually called the emergency services and climbed out of the car by himself, he spent only a couple of hours in hospital, apart from a few minor scratches he got a bandage around his little finger, I told him if he's not already religious he should take it up ASAP!

The car WAS a pristine RS6 ABT, I was supposed to pick it up that very day to borrow it from him for a week as I've always wanted to try out the ABT version. He really should have simply told me that he didn't want me to drive his car I'm so happy he is alive and all in one piece. "

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It looks *far* too neat to be purely like that as a result of the crash, IMHO.

Reply to
SteveH

And you think the emergency services are going to sit and go to the bother of chopping the vehicle clean in half? I've seen a Vectra torn in a similar fashion after a *mere* 90mph side on smash into a tree. Unfortunately neither the driver or his 2 passengers survived.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Get a bottle of wine -maybe 2 or 3- and get laid.

That's what I would do.

As to the car and the speed: neither did the accident, I guess going into the tree did. Give a hug to your brother in law and have a few drinks.

Cheerio!

Tom De Moor

Any accident where you walk (limp) away from is a good accident.

Reply to
Tom De Moor