damn i love this turbo thing :)

was about to join the A130 dual carrigeway tonight on the way back from work but had to stop at the lights, i was going to come in on the right and there was a little chav in his pug 106 GTi beside me. normally the pug would be a good challenge on my Mk1 so i thought i'd see how the turbo compares. we come off the lights together and i'm hardly pressing the accelerator and already starting to outrun the pug, i eventually get bored and kick it all the way down in second and smack it into 3rd and i'm cracking 100mph in no time, look in the mirror and i could barely see the pug! damn this thing is quick! i love it!!! :-D

Reply to
Vamp

work but had to stop at the

his pug 106 GTi beside

how the turbo compares. we

already starting to outrun

smack it into 3rd and i'm

pug! damn this thing is

Just go careful in it!

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

that was careful :)

actually that's the only time i put my boot down all day! went out at lunch and around town it feels to damn quick! so tend to just tape the accelerator between gears :)

Reply to
Vamp

lunch and around town it feels

How responsive is it off boost? Or do you just not drive it off boost (like turbo cars are supposed to be driven :-)) ?

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Peter, you're scaring me, next you'll be asking what the MPG is like? :)

Reply to
DervMan

it pulls well off boost, feels really torquey untill it opens up and the turbo punches me in the back and woooosh! :)

it's great around town off boost, you can pull away from most cars off boost hehe

Reply to
Vamp

but had to stop at the

pug 106 GTi beside

the turbo compares. we

already starting to outrun

smack it into 3rd and i'm

damn this thing is

Yep, it is nice pressing a pedal and leaving the mortals behind, isn't it?

Have fun !

:-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Oh indeed - nothing like watching the traction control light come on when you boot it in second and the boost snaps in...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Happy days......

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

boot it in second

traction control? na don't have that. tis for wimps :)

Reply to
Vamp

Traction control is for girls... (c;

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

What's traction control?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I got ESP on the quattro, apparently it even slows the engine down if you get out of control, also applies the anti lock brakes to individual wheels when the car starts to oversteer/understeer, sounds like a cool thing, you can turn it off though :)

Reply to
Ronny

Unlikely, the OFF button on most traction control systems rarely does actually that...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It merely tells the car that there's a loony at the wheel, so get ready with the airbags!

Reply to
DervMan

the airbags!

LOL

like my dad's volvo with it's STC shit, the manual goes into great detial on what it does when it's on but under off all it says is 'this turns it off, but don't turn it off' pretty much :)

Reply to
Vamp

The system on most Mercs can be turned off, but as soon as you do something fun, it turns it back on then slaps you on the wrist.

On the proper powerful ones, you can't turn it off, heh!

Reply to
DervMan

My 19 has a steering wheel, 3 pedals and a handbrake. Works just as well ;)

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Possibly sold, yey!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 - But soon a fancy T28!1998 Audi A4 - For Sale

Reply to
Chet

mine does.... Much better on though as it'll brake a spinning wheel letting you get power down sooner - ace on country roads...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

on what it does when it's

pretty much :)

The pre-crash recorder also records whether it was on or off when the airbags triggered...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp