Thinking about a change..

funny enough it's the route i might take, boring banger for work and a MX5 for the weekend, place in romford do a turbo kit fitted for just over £1k so going to keep my eye out at work as we get the odd MX5 now and then and there usually cheap!

Reply to
Vamp

?>

That would be the call if you wanted to go *really* fast hehe :-p But I suspect if you (Conor I mean) went to a meet, you'd be the oldest person there by a clear 20 years heh :-)

Reply to
DanB

Carlton Estate, Mk2 Golf GTi, Citroen BX GTi or Xantia Activa

Reply to
AstraVanMann

?>>

Is suspect 'you' are quite right.

I would have an MR2 for doing speed events, but would have nothing to do with every other MR2 owner in the country.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Ach if we're playing that game;

Rover 213, Rover 414, Nissan Micra, Sierra XR4x4, MG Montego, Rover 75, Mitsubishi Space Wagon, Volvo S40, Volvo S60, Mercedes A class, Mercedes E class, Nissan Sunny, VW Jetta, Vauxhall Zafira, Toyota Verso, Volvo V50.

I think that covers it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

?> >>

Yes, I've met a few. How to feel very old even though I've not hit 40 yet.

Reply to
Conor

LOL! I could have been more comprehensive than I was, but decided to just chuck in the vaguely interesting ones. And the Carlton.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I've recently been offered a very tidy Jetta GTi with the 2.0 bottom end conversion - £900.

I thought it was a pretty fair price really, and given what I've seen club wise down the dyno, I'd say the VW bunches we've had in seem to be the most 'enthusiastic' really. :-)

That, and they're a solid car - you don't need to mod it to death to enjoy one.

Reply to
JackH

I know a guy who will talk you step by step through DIY turboing one (and flog you the intercooler too lol)

Reply to
Abo

Mate, there's a Vectra-C owners club lol

Reply to
Abo

There is a turbo up the road from me (near Tetleys/Marshalls concrete/Christian Salverston (sp?) on Teesside, if you've been to any of those in yer lorry Conor). A bit over £2 but not much IIRC.

Reply to
Abo

Bah, that depends.

Felt quite young when chicks started to photograph me in the Elise with their cell-phones (or was it for the ELise?)

Anayway: not your 2k-range but get a bloody Lotus Elise S1.

You know it might kill you, you know it is Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious (but the Elise isn't), you know it is not reasonable and you know you won't be able to get the softtop up because that part stayed at home.

You also know in your hart you're still a little kid and the Elise is a nice toy.

Get it!

It keeps you young just getting in and out of it. Get old another day! And hey: your SWMBO will like it too, maybe even too much.

Tom - sadly over 40 - De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

interesting! wish i thought bout all this last year when we had a really tidy MK1 MX5 come in with low miles and spotless paint work and we sold it for £1000 quid, bargin buy that was!

Reply to
Vamp

?>>>

depends on the club, i hated the mr2 owners club to many people into body kits, imoc was more engine mod and track day crowd (dunno if it still is) and there was the weird mr2 drivers club who were always refered to as the zip up slipper and pipe club. they'd have weird non car realted meets like bowling and sunday meals. jap car crowd are a bit of a weird bunch there split into body mods, sound system and engine mods types, you very rearly get someone into all 3.

i prefered the engine mod stuff myself as whats the point in having a turbo car otherwise?

Reply to
Vamp

I've got an early Eunos you could have for £1250. Had cambelt done not that long ago.

Reply to
Pete M

Predictable UKRCM reply;

E30 325i Touring.

Reply to
Pete M

MX-5. Accept no substitute.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Changing the cambelt is a doddle on an MX-5. I managed it, and mine even still works.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Theres a vectra enthusiasts club too.

Reply to
Elder

Turbo kit fitted for a grand?

Run, don't walk away - properly fitting one is an engine-out job to properly put in the oil lines, and I don't know of any even half-decent kit that costs less than a grand in the first place. Not to mention all the stuff you really don't need or want like a piggyback ECU etc.

Reply to
Timo Geusch