Underclocking my tuning box...

"My work here, is done".

Record response time - have a coconut.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

"Despite posts to the contrary, the 2006 model Coconut was ok, it went round corners quite well, but the build quality was easily defeated with repeated use of a large mallet. Soft feel interior was quite nice, but unlikely to resist large amounts of gnawing. The outer trim wasn't that good but looked to be pretty rust resistant. All in all a quality item, but not blessed with the prestige badge a VW should have offered. 5/10"

Reply to
Pete M

And they are still dogs. The interiors were s**te, especially that cack beige and black finish.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The VR6 was respectable purely cos the engine was so smooth. It did not like corners mind you heh. The GTi's are surprisingly unfast for a GTi. Then they made the Mk4 - heh.

Reply to
Iridium

Isn't that a bit lame? In the 206 I did a jaunt riiiiiiight down the A1 not long ago, cruising at about 20mph less than that (it was the middle of the night, but I still didn't know where the scameras were heh) and I got 350 miles out of my £35 tank...

Reply to
Iridium

That's the same as my car heh.

I just grabbed the first site from Google :-) Clearly, you should have the 'charged 4.6...

Reply to
Iridium

Very deeply. In fact I booked the fitting of a system with a 120L tank from a bloke who has a workshop near to my outlaws in Lancashire. When we got to Birmingham on the way up there the bastard phoned to cancel saying that he hadn't realised that the job was as difficult as it is and "a friend" had recommended that he not do the work.

Since then I've thought about it a few times but the cost is high and the workmanship I have seen has been completely and utterly s**te.

Explorers with a plastic inlet manifold like mine need a good quality MPVI system rahter than the dead simple venturi devices fitted to (say) the Volvo bi-fuel cars.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It's got a 110 litre tank, larger than standard but I can only get about 90 litres in on a fill, so it's doing 20-24mpg.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And uneconomical.

The TDI lump, (although it first appeared in the Audi 80), was very advanced for its time, and still cuts the mustard if you're looking for something comfy that'll sit at a ton all day whilst never dropping below 45mpg no matter what you do to it bar fitting a tuning box, setting it to 'smoke like a trooper (1)' mode and then proceed to bollock it at 10/10ths all day - even then 39mpg is the worst I've ever had, 62mpg the best, and it regularly shats on stuff supposedly much quicker.

*sigh*

When are we having a trackday?

If I've still got this, I'll willingly take a few people round for fast laps to disprove the above, regardless of whether the track is wet or dry.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

What were towing, Challenger IIs?

FWIW, I'm driving about 2-3 hours south of Ancona, and I've often got a half tonne load.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Indeed... which is why they hold their money so well.

HTH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Well yea, as with the fastest varients of most cars. There is a version for cheap people as well

See :-)

(although it first appeared in the Audi 80), was very

But as it's not a VR6 that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

Reply to
Iridium

I'd scuttle her.

Unfortunately, the Ancona in question is a port in N/E Italy.

Reply to
Pete M

Yup, the KV6s are well known to be shocking on fuel.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LOL!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

AOL.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Umm no, they hold money well because punters are willing to pay for them. This has zilch to do with anything other than advertising.

Reply to
Steve Firth

a heavy trailer, loaded to capacity.. weighed about, um, ...

it's easier to just point you at this

The tarpaulin is covering a few petrol generators and anything else we could fit in the trailer. The trailer alone weighed over 1/2 tonne, and the generators were around 300 Kg each.

Reply to
Pete M

And the reason that is?

A clue: given the Mk4s are becoming cheap, it's nothing to do with badge status etc.

I'm not saying they're by any means a perfect car... but if you get a good one (and yes, they do exist), you'll not be sorry if you're in the market for a reliable, comfortable small to medium family car.

The fact you get poke vs economy in relatively decent spades is the icing on the cake.

Wrong.

See... I'm no motoring guru, but I've had enough cars over the years to know what's good in this class, for the era.

And the Mk3 Golf holds its money because if well looked after, it's one of the better cars in its class, of the time.

More notably, I could get a *newer* Explorer for what I could get for this, so go figure. :-)

Reply to
jackhackettuk

*yawn*

Bring it on.

No 'disprespect', I think maybe it's you who ought to take that particular prescription.

And whilst you're at it, I suggest you read up on what the definition of libel is, in usenet terms... unless of course you're considering changing your name to Bunt.

Reply to
jackhackettuk