Vectra C pipe mod on Astra G!

I think you are confusing a dump valve with a factory fitted recirc waste gate!

But if not then Id be interested if you could direct me to info suggesting any std turbo road car is fitted with an atmo dump valve, of the type beloved by chavs and fuckwits everywhere!

Ken

"Sandy Nuts" appears to be of typical chav mentality, suggesting in an earlier post that he would fit a dump valve if he owned a std turbo road car, but seemingly quite unable to denote the reason for wasting his money, on something that doesnt do a thing!

Ken

Build a strawman ken. You said dump valve. Which means a blow off valve. My GTR had 2 both of which blew back into the air intake.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I was correct you are getting confused................a chav style atmo dump valve is not the same as a factory fitted recirc waste gate!

Ken

A waste gate blows into the exhaust. It bleeds pressure from the exhaust gas to atmosphere through the exhaust to control boost pressure. A dump valve or blow off valve is in the inlet path on the compressor side of the turbo and blows off excess air between gear changes to allow the turbo to keep spinning more freely. Most factory blow off valves blow off back into the inlet tract after the air flow meter to ensure the injection computer does not read the extra airflow.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Saab 900 16v full pressure turbo (all of them) Saab 9-3 turbo all of them Saab 9000 full pressure turbo (all of them) Subaru Impreza turbo models Mitsu Lancer Evolution models Celica GT4 ST165 Celica GT4 ST205 (not the ST185) Nissan 200SX Nissan Pulsar GTiR Nissan Skyline turbo models VW Golf Petrol models Mercedes Smart City (petrol). Mercedes Smart Roadster Mercedes Smart Coupe Ferrari F40 Porsche 911 turbo (air and water cooled models). Porsche 944 turbo Porsche 924 turbo Skoda Octavia vRS (petrol)

There are lot more but I think you get the picture that almost, but not all have some kind of dump valve. Doesn't matter whether it dumps to atmosphere, or back into the intake pre intercooler, it is still a dump valve or as engineers call it, a pressure diverter valve, or as the rest of the english speaking world calls it, a Blow off valve. Blow off Valve. Dump Valve pressure diverter valve Same stuff. Bosch are the single biggest maker I believe. And supply it or a licensed version to almost all OEM fittings.

Reply to
Elder

No such pony. Where does the wastegate recirculate the exhaust gases to?

Reply to
Elder

I reality what you are talking about is a recirc type waste gate, and not a "dump valve" as favoured by the chav fraternity...................

Ken

If you are correct then there seems even less reason for the clueless chav to fit an atmo dump valve to a std turbo road car!

Reply to
Ken

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

The only thing that's certain is that you are not in a fit state to be commenting on anyone's "mentality", or lack thereof.

Why you are under the impression that he owes you an explanation?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

No they aren't, you clueless f*ck.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

No such pony ken. Show me a recirculating waste gate. I've explained your error but you still persist with it.

Reply to
Elder

Stereos, yes. But having spent time with the guys who do some serious turbo upgrades on Audis and Volvos changing dump valves and wastegate actuators gets you not very far, as anything you do that actually alters the boost level is negated by the sensors and the ECU.

Of course with a custom map, much more is possible...

-- The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

So don't tune slow cars because they are slow and shit. Don't tune moderatley quick cars because it is a total waste of time. And don't tune fast cars because the are fast right. So rocket ronnie wasted time on the Skyline. And fensport "bolted" on shit to make a corolla hit 200MPH? Right, I'm so glad you explained that. You have less brain than a Donkey's flacid c*ck.

Reply to
Elder

The Coupe Turbo in the group has a custom remap :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

No it has a £400-600 change of a ROM chip (which costs less than £1).

To have a proper custom remap done, would require either a mappable ECU, or chip burnt to specific vehicle. Both of these would need to be set up on a dyno, by a skilled operator.

Ken

Chips may costs pennies, but it's not the chip you are paying for - it's=20 the work that went into creating what is on the chip.

HTH

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Ah, OK and you were there and fitted it didn't you?

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

You're not really up to speed on current ECU technology are you ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Well, it has the stock Vx Ecu re-flashed with the custom map. We know a guy that does them kinda for a living, and he did it for him, using the same custom map he got done on the dyno on his own GSi, taking advantage of the exhaust and stuff. Circa 235-240bhp at the mo. The GSi (the one the remap dude owns) has since been remapped again, as it as a full system, fancy downpipes etc, and a FMIC.

To really get the best of it it's apparently gonna need doing on the Dyno again when the de-cat, sports cat and FMIC are on (like the GSI). Apparantly we should be seeing about 270bhp after those things are done as well...

But I'll keep you updated. You'll all be pleased to know, bar the Irmscher grill and exhaust, it's totally standard on the outside still.

The other GSi and SRi Turbo probably won't be getting much more done for a while, the Coupe Turbo is the one getting fettled :). They have dump valves, airbox de-restriction and the larger intake and a boost gauge on the GSi.

Reply to
Iridium