Veggy Oil

Yeah, and mine. There's two round there I know of, one on Portland (sort of in a basement) and one on Princess (on the first floor of a building) street, I prefer the Princess street one myself. I'm being tedious again.

Reply to
conkersack

I think it is

that I meant (the oriental)Seems there are more than I thought.http://www.sugarvine.com/Manchester/feature_stories/feature_stories.asp?story=289 One place I want to try is the Mongolian BBQ pit.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Tim is correct:

"Veg oil new and used qualifies as a Biofuel, it comes under the same umbrella BUT NOT THE SAME AS Bio-diesel and as such it is given a measly

20p cut in fuel tax rates to that of Dino Diesel. To qualify for this pittance, vegetable oil must contain no more than 0.005% sulphur by weight, which non fossil organic materials will be, and must be at least 96.5% ester content by weight, vegetable oil is 100% esters of glycerol. As such duty payable is 27.1p per litre. Dino Diesel is presently 47.1p per litre."

ts86

They did in Wales once, apparently.

The way to do it is, use neat oil as normal and once a week buy about 50 litres from a bio-diesel pump with its tax invoice etc.

Then, if anything happens, just show them the tax invoice. How do they know how many miles you have done that week?

Reply to
ts86

HTH.

The key is though that veg oil must only be used when its warm and in a warm engine. So mixing might work, but it's best to split the two sources. The engine can handle it all fine, it's the pumps/filters which are the sensitive parts.

Read the links above, it'll all more sense.

Reply to
ts86

Great business opportunity.

Is that recycled with full treatment and processing etc.?

Where? Got links or contact details please??

Reply to
ts86

Rules/Law is only as good as it is enforced.

So, again, the chances of finding out are?

But anyway, you're collecting, not disposing, so that bit doesn't mean anything.

Reply to
ts86

Definately. Way easy to hot-wire and joy ride.

I probably have as much security in my car as I paid for the car in the first place.

Reply to
ts86

Using vege oil is more enviromentally friendly. Used oil would just get chucked, otherwise.

Reply to
ts86

I'll accept that clarification, which is the sort of thing I was hoping Doki could confirm.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Don't know what the chances would be for a chip shop but the company I work for are ocasionally requested to present the documents.

Obviously I was looking at it from the point of the shop owner, would they be willing to do you a favour when it's them that could end up with a criminal record?

Reply to
Homer

There's a great place in Edinburgh for all you can eat - £20/head for this mongolian place, where you make your own food for them to cook - choosing from Springbok, Zebra, Kangaroo, Yak, Ostrich (boring, we have that locally anyway), wild board and so forth.

It /should/ be profitable for them, but I don't think they counted on me.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Sounds great, but *making* your own food? My Kangaroo construction skills aren't what they used to be....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I bet that last one can be a bit tough :-))

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Yeah, I meant that one too, but you know, memory and things...

Reply to
conkersack

Can't be very well policed then, given the state of the sewers under soho, according to a programme on tv a few weeks ago. Richard Hammond was in it, I think. The sewer, that is.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

So how much does it cost?

Reply to
Tom Robinson

same as pink diesel + 1 to 2 percent cheap two stroke oil...

Reply to
Burgerman

Depends. If it is anything like Farmed gyproc it can be a bit dry when=20 cooked badly

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Local Pizza place in Warrington has recently changed names, and owners. Run by a couple of asian lads now. Does kebabs, fried chicken and burgers as well as pizza now.

They have started to offer a Donner meat and Cheese Calazone. Absolutley mental, and kill on the belly. the 10" was difficult to each by itself. The 12" must be insane.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2