Vista

Because with PCs, you have choice over your components and not just what Steve Jobs decides you can have.

No different than you've been doing in the entire thread.

Reply to
Conor

Mac OS X 10.5.6 Users Report Crashes, Blue Screens By Paul McDougall InformationWeek December 16, 2008 01:45 PM

Support forums indicate that Apple's Leopard update is wreaking havoc on users' systems.

Apple's latest update to its Leopard operating system, OS X 10.5.6, appears to be creating more problems than it's fixing on users' Macs.

A day after the software was released via Apple's download service, users flooded the company's online support forum with hundreds of complaints about the upgrade. Most centered around OS freezes and so- called "Blue Screens of Death."

August 2007, Mac OS X 10.4...

Mac OS X 10.4 Help

I see a blank blue screen when I try to start up my computer

October 2008, Mac OS X 10.5..

Symptoms

After completing an upgrade installation of Leopard and restarting the computer, a "blue screen" may appear for an extended period of time.

You'd have thought they'd have fixed it after 12 months and a new version.

Reply to
Conor

Looks at common denominator in all of SteveH's PC woes, SteveH.

Reply to
Conor

Because an inferior OS would manage to retain a 90% market share wouldn't it?

Reply to
Conor

Alfas are less reliable and no more functional than Kias.

Hey look, I can make rubbish up on the spot too!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Especially as they have a closed hardware platform to test on.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

XP to Vista is nothing like 98SE to WinME. 98SE and WinME shared pretty much everything. XP and Vista have completely different kernels, driver models, network stacks etc etc etc. WinME was Win98SE with System Restore bolted on.

Reply to
Conor

1st example caused by a corrupt update file. 2nd and 3rd examples caused by 3rd party applications making unsupported calls on the OS.

Both easily fixed as one-off crashes after an uprade - never to be seen again.

However, I do find it quite amusing that some people have to go trawling the 'net for any Apple issues to justify to themselves why they run a bug-ridden heap of s**te OS.

Reply to
SteveH

Think security prompt in Linux.

Reply to
Conor

You're making the mistake of equating market share with quality and performance.

That's OK, 'cos you made the same mistake when you bought a Ford Crapi and a Ford Mondeo.

The Escort was the best selling car in the country for many years, but it was utter s**te compared with most of the competition.

Reply to
SteveH

You keep repeating this as if it were true, MacOSX has been 64bit since Tiger, three versions ago and XP64 (a) doesn't work and (b) isn't five years old.

Still, you're a Yorkshireman so admitting you're wrong and getting anything right are simply not possible for you by birth.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Then you've never bought it.

That's "a lie" HTH.

Only Microsoft find it an achievement to make users pay for beta software.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The Toshiba I only touch when it's handed to me because Windows has broken something......

Reply to
SteveH

Did you read what he posted?

If you did, you got a very different interpretation of it than I did.

He didn't look at technical details, more the way we'll look back at vista when Win7 comes online.

Reply to
SteveH

utter s**te - what an Escort was from gen III onwards.

utter s**te - most of what Steve H has posted about wintel machines.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

By easily, you mean start up in safe mode, disable an item, reboot and if it still does it restart AGAIN in safe mode, disable another item and continue ad infinitum until it actually boots.

Had the same happened in Windows, you merely boot into safe mode, fire up the event viewer and it'll tell you what crashed unlike OSX where you're left to guess what went wrong.

Didn't have to trawl at all. OS X BSOD is all I typed into my 7MB browser and google gave me pages of it.

Reply to
Conor

Even not looking at the technical details then, Vista is considerably different to XP.

Reply to
Conor

The MK3 Mondeo which was named market leader in it's class? The Ford Capri which was a best seller in the UK market?

Because the Morris Marina, Triumph Dolomite and Vauxhall Viva were all superior cars weren't they?

Reply to
Conor

Well, it depends on what you're measuring - Windows and OSX applications are very, very different.

Once you've gone searching and adding up all the little bits which get scattered around your hard drive, making it nigh-on impossible to really de-install anything, it looks quite different.

Reply to
SteveH

I refer you to what was posted.

Reply to