Would a 406 coupe HDi be a more sensible than most of my other whims?

*ding*. Best to pick a well paid hobby if you can ;).
Reply to
Doki

You spanner garage doors for fun?

Reply to
Clive George

Nice.

Reply to
Elder

It isn't boring, never the same, always somewhere else, quite=20 challenging technically, it combines physical labor with intellectual=20 work in mechanical, electronical, electrical and -now more and more-=20 "information technology"-area's.

While one doesn't need to be a qualified engineer nor have a 500m=B2 fully= =20 equiped workshop, both surely help.

And there is the little detail that our engineers (all with university=20 degrees) are among the very rare breed who can work with their head as=20 well as with their hands. Add to this that (we had a survey recentely)=20 their salaries are in the 1%-bracket of highest wages, paid in Belgium.

One is rich if he's healty and does what he likes; that he's really rich=20 when he pays other people to do things he likes himselve.

So I guess I am a happy bunny: I pay spanner monkeys to work on my=20 personal cars, a job I like(d) and with which all started some 24 years=20 back.

Yeah : a garagedoor is stupid, no fun at all. Well: design, make, sell,=20 install and maintain one which does 300 mouvements a day for 15 years on=20 a row and doesn't break down.

So that's your answer: I spanner garage doors for fun and get paid=20 handsomely for it. On reflection: it pays far better than the "flashy"=20 professional race-and testdriving of my younger days.=20

In fact: if garagedoors weren't fun, I won't be into it. Life is too=20 short for not having fun *all* the time.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor