Yokohama A539s

There must be a glut of these in the country at the moment.

If your car runs on a very modest 195/50 x 15" like my Golf does, then A539s are available for a frankly unbelievable £25.30 each on ebay just now.

I know a few people using this tyre on everything from a new Morgan Roadster (the 226bhp one) to a Locost Zetec and all sorts of boring stuff.

Anyway - got to be worth a try at that money, so I've just bought some.

Bob Sherunckle

Awesomely grippy in the wet and dry.

The downside is that my all-time record for wearing out a pair of tyres was done with those..... I had them illegal within 3k miles on my 33

16v.
Reply to
SteveH

Bah. Want a set but I've got two sets of wheels needing refurb and a load of tyres on various rims...

Reply to
Doki

Pretty sure my car runs on them too. I've just had new tyres tho.

Reply to
Iridium

I want some, but they don't have 'em in the right size for the 75 :-(

Reply to
SteveH

Forgot to say. It was these ones.

Bob Sherunckle

Heh, anyone got 4 Peugeot fitment (suitable for a 306) 15" wheels kicking about?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Maybe........' Well, I have 4 Revolution 4x108 15" alloys. Don't imagine a 306 would look the part on 5 spoke Revolutions though.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Well, I do, but I'm kind of using them :-)

Reply to
Iridium

£27.44 from Blackcircles.

Wonder if etyres have any?

Reply to
SteveH

anyone want to help me stretch the onto my 17's? :)

Reply to
Vamp

For some time now too...

Heh. 195/60s on a 15" rim here. :)

As SteveH says, they wear out quickly. Very quickly, but, you'll have a giggle during those few miles...

Reply to
DervMan

I've had softer - my GTM K3 had Yokohama A008-Rs in supersoft compound on it. The A539s will be like Michelin Pileups in comparison.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle