2003 V6 Mustang Power Windows! HELP!

I have a 2003 Ford Mustang, V6, 51K. Just before my warranty expired my power window motor died on the driver's side. That was a year and a half ago. Well, recently, it stopped working again. However, I can hear the motor running and a clicking thump noise from inside the door panel. When it stopped before it was silent. Is it possible for the window to get "off track"? It's like it's not catching or something. It is stuck in the up position (thank goodness). It started on a day when it was really cold outside. Frozen gears? Don't want to take it back to the dealership, they didn't even put my door panel back on correctly. Anyone got a suggestion?

Reply to
salquendor

at 21 Dec 2006, [ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com:

I had this years ago with a Camry. We had to replace the rail assembly as the connection between the motor and the rail had broken. It's a job you can do yourself if you are somewhat handy but it takes a while. In our case we had to take the window out to remove the old assembly and put the new one back.

If you know how to take the doorskin of, my suggestion is to have a look to see what is making the noise. Here in Tampa there are several firm specializing in fixing power windows. Maybe there are some near you that have a good rep?

Reply to
Paul