Best Rated threads in Ford Mustang Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Motorcraft 5W-20 "synthetic blend" for break-in...?
I am about to change the oil on my new Stang.... has about 600 miles on it... went to the dealer and they recommended I get the Motorcraft "synthetic blend" 5W-20. Normally it is not a good idea to...
20
20

2001 Mustang V6 bucks/shudders when driving. Help!
I once had this happen on an '89 LX. Ended up being the TPS, though it felt like a major transmission problem to me. (Independant trans. shop said NOPE, it was something else, but they didn't know...
5
5

Can't "Speed Shift" my T5.....
..... SOB SUCKS! :>( When I DO try to "Speed Shift" from 1-2, the shifter feels like it's jamming up and HARD to engage 2nd gear. Under normal and "spirited" driving conditions, the OEM shifter shifts...
6
6

Gear ratio change
Ok... I am really interested in changing the gear ratio by swapping gears, but before I do... I want to make sure I'm not going to absolutely _kill_ my gas mileage. I've been reading around on the...
7
7

butt welding quarter panel skins?
I have one quarter skin, and it doesn't have the same front 'lip' as the fastback.. Everywhere I've looked, the skins say 'modify for fsbk'.. Are they the same, except for that front lip? If I cut...
6
6

Re: Why do my throw out bearings keep failing?!
Er... I have a Steeda firewall adjuster, adjustable clutch cable and clutch quadrant. I realized I typed that up wrong. Andy
7
7

parking brake and convertible top
I don't think there is any adjustment for it. I know I looked all over my 88 and all thru the manual also and never found any way to adjust it. There is a part on the cable assembly that is a sort of...
22
22

10 Worst Mustangs, EVER.
Do you agree?
13
13

Specs on Ford part# F4ZF-18971-BA?
Does anybody have the specs for Ford Part# F4ZF-18971-BA? This is the factory 6x8" speaker maounted in the deck of my 95 Coupe. It also states '130' and '9439F'. But no wattage. I'm about to upgrade...
9
9

2000 Mustang Convertible Top Alignment
I am hoping someone could tell me how to align the top on my car. First, the details. 2000 Mustang Convertible. Driver side window rubs top when opening/closing door. Started in the last 30 days. The...
4
4

Transponder ignition key 1999 Mustang
I purchsed a 1999 Mustang but it only had one each ignition key and security fob. What have people been paying at the Ford Dealers to get a duplicate transponder key and how does it compare to having...
12
12

Re: BE WARNED! The truth about LocTronics!
At Thu, 20 Aug 2015 13:36:31 -0700, Ashton Crusher rearranged some electrons to write: You do realize, of course, that you are replying to a post from 17 years ago. >>On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 at...
3
3

71-73 mustang engine swap, power &mpg?? what fits??
Is there a website with a reference chart of what engines will fit into a 71-73 mustang. Basicly, I'm looking for something that will fit without making any mods and will give me power and 20mpg. Does...
6
6

FORD 460 OIL PRESSURE
I have a difficult problem with a ford 460 in a rv converted shuttle bus. After running dry on oil(dont know why that happened) the oil pressure is 0 i confirmed that it really has no op. the engine...
8
8

98 Cobra rod bearing
How did it spin the bearing? I'm assuming you can't do any of the repair yourself? What else is wrong with the car? Why would you want to trade it in? Are you prepared for the >$5k trade in value?...
12
12

Mach 1000 Audio System . . Replacing Subs/Amps/Head Unit ?
I recently purchased a 02 GT, which was equipped with a mach 1000. Sounds great for a "stock" system, but I think it was a very over priced option. I have my system from my old car, and would like to...
17
17

1982 Ford Mustang GT
I have been trying to find a Blue book value on this car and I was wondering if any of guys could help me out. or doesn't go back to 1982 and I was wondering if any of you now what the bluebook value...
6
6

carburetor boiling over
I have a 65 mustang with a 68 302 w/autolite 2100. when I drive the car for about 15 min. and let it sit for about 4 min. the fuel in the float bowl starts coming out of the main fuel feed into the...
3
3

351C 4v - Engine Detailing
I'm looking to detail my 351C 4V next weekend and would appreciate any photos and / or URLs which could assist me in the process (color of pulleys, power steering pump, air cleaner, etc.). There's...
1
1

1973 Mach 1 radio wiring question (Help)
Hi Group, I am trying to install an original 1973 AM/FM 8-Track radio and cannot find the what color wires to hook up for power. I know that the light blue w/ red stripe and black (separate harness...
7
7