Just put on flowmasters

hi, yes I was referring to an 03 vert - I couldn't believe the increase from just those two mods! I wasn't expecting that much but I sure was surprised and happy. my tuner was surprised too. also sotp difference and just overall driving enjoyment now is much better - i hardly use the radio anymore! car gets bad wheelhop using the power tho.

but you're right, it might not be corrected for temperature - this run was in two weeks ago in feb, and the other pull (374/372) was in sept. I do remember that it was hotter that day tho - and the dyno tuner used a fan in sept but didn't in feb - i dunno - are they automatically adjusted for temp? also these were "sae" on a dynojet, but what is the difference between sae and std, and/or a mustang dyno?

also I think the car is getting stronger as it breaks in more - originally I dynoed at 3500 miles and got 356/356. that was a different dyno than the next two. the sept run was with 8800 miles, and this last one was with

18800 miles. I have the dyno sheets for all these runs, but I don't know how to post 'em... I would need a digital camera, right? not very comp saavy, and also broke from this car =)

on the airbox I haven't seen a swirl type for these cars yet, but from what ive read some people may have drivability probs from intakes with bends in them? I got the underhood "warm" air type of intake, and I know there was alot of debate over "cold" fender air as opposed to underhood air, but I am happy with this one - my .02 is for a s/c car volume of air is more important than density, esp with an intercooler.

well have a good one Chris

Reply to
Christopher Shea
** What are you trying to say? Have you recently lost 150 unsightly ** pounds or something? Or just a temporary separation?

Let's just say I'm a very happy guy these days, and I aim to keep it that way. Uncle Sam gets a bigger cut of course, so he's happy. Hell, it's ALL good.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams
** Ask Cindy about the whole removing of the mufflers on an otherwise stock ** exhaust '96-up GT. I thought it would be louder. True, it is louder than ** probably you would like it, but it has a mean, growling effect that I think ** tops the like-new Flowmaster sound. Those 6 stock cats do a good job of ** silencing the exhaust up a bit.

When I had my own exhaust made, they first removed both mufflers and fired it up. It sounded the same to me. Those 6 cats cork up a LOT of that nice, growly sound. Just swapping in 2 high-flow cats and leaving the stock mufflers makes a huge difference.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

Rein,

An X-pipe will take the "edge" off the drone... won't get rid of it, but will tone it down a hair.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I for one don't know what all the fuss is about. I've had Flows on most of my cars. Never had any problems with them rusting out. I live in Wisconsin, and I know all about rust. As I see it, anything will last as long as you take good care of it. If you can't do that much, by a Geo.

Shannon

Reply to
Shannon Eiler

$85 each? Not bad... $113.xx each on the site.

-Mike

Camshaft(??),

Reply to
<memset

Ah, I guess you are insuating I and others don't take care of our cars? How exactly are you supposed to keep a crappy muffler from rusting? I wash my car every week and wax once a month, but I also live in a very rainy, humid area of California.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Insinuating? Something. Anyway... I plan on giving Flowmasters stainless steel mufflers a shot as soon as finances permit.. After that, 3.73 gears.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

I'm not saying that you don't take care of your cars. Just that maybe you take care of the body, tires, motor, ect, and forget about the undercarige? I wash my car at least once a week and once a month or so, put her up on stands and wash out the underside. Since that's where the most dirt will collect. There are pleanty of nooks for dirt and water to get caught in there and then you get rust from the inside out... Then you just take the air hose or a couple rags to get rid of any standing water. The rest is easily dried when you take her out for a spin. It's not that hard. Takes maybe an extra half hour once you get used to doing it, and it'll make your car last much longer.

Reply to
Shannon Eiler
** I'm not saying that you don't take care of your cars. Just that maybe you ** take care of the body, tires, motor, ect, and forget about the undercarige?

Irrelevant. My Flowmasters rotted from the inside. And I'm also one of those anal types who scrub and dry the undercarriage once a month, when the car is 'in season', that is, when it is driven only during the dry months.

I'm not sure which is worse: expensive mufflers that are junk, or people who have nothing better to do on a weekend than scrub the underside of their car.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

LOL JD

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

damn, I thoght I was anal about my car but.. I have never scrubbed the underside of my car. Closest I come to it is spray down the wheel-wells, clean the inside area of the wheels, clean the exhaust tips and clean the visible area of the fuel tank from the rear (on the

95, on the 03 I don't even see that).

Rein

When I see a big puddle ahead, I speed up. Does that count?

dwight twin '93 5.0s, both with filthy undercarriages

Reply to
dwight

Reply to
<memset
** damn, I thoght I was anal about my car but.. I have never scrubbed the ** underside of my car. Closest I come to it is spray down the ** wheel-wells, clean the inside area of the wheels, clean the exhaust ** tips and clean the visible area of the fuel tank from the rear (on the ** 95, on the 03 I don't even see that).

You have yet to scratch the surface of anal-retentive undercarriage dirt removal! When I rotate the tires every 6 mos, the wheel AND tire inside surface gets scrubbed/polished and Vinylex'd; every 3 mos when I change the oil, I spray the underside with Simple Green work it in with a brush, then rinse with clean water. The fuel tank cover gets cleaned and towel-dried at every exterior wash, and in the interior gets cleaned and detailed every 6 months as well. The engine is cleaned and detailed yearly too, every time she gets a minor tune-up and cooling system service.

And of course, it never gets driven during the winter. She spends the entire remainder of her time locked in a heated/air conditioned, carpeted garage.

Instead of saving money for an '05, I think I should seek professional help.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

JD,

No, you should BE professional help. When can I drop off my Cobra for a little detail work?

Patrick '93 (clean, but not anal spotless) '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Okay, I can see myself do all the other stuff, but doing the underside with simple green and then brush it.. no. HOW do you do that anyways without getting soaked yourself ?

Well, I live in Arizona so we basically have no winter.

naaahh, if only more people were like that, this world would be a better place.

Rein
** No, you should BE professional help. When can I drop off my Cobra for ** a little detail work?

LOL!!!

Reply to
JD Adams
** Okay, I can see myself do all the other stuff, but doing the underside ** with simple green and then brush it.. no. ** HOW do you do that anyways without getting soaked yourself ?

I get soaked to the skin every time. I just put on the 'car-workin clothes' and a pair of safety goggles, and go for it. The front isn't too bad since it's up on stands, but it gets tight the farther back you work.

** naaahh, if only more people were like that, this world would be a ** better place.

You should see my desk at work...

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

hmm, sounds like we have more in common. I am anal about my cars, anal about stuff around my house except.... my desk at home and my desk at work..It's pretty crowded.

too many toys.

Rein