Lemon Law???

100% inconsequential, especially if it's new. Been there.
Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

But Erik's car wasn't new.

-Wrath

Reply to
hourofthewolf_9

On 5 Mar 2005 09:58:03 -0800, hourofthewolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

Don't confuse em with the facts.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I'm aware of that. What exactly would you look for to dicern that the transmission will go out in 1200 miles? Then, though dealer service is many times crap, how can you predict that they will do such a crap job that it will have to be done two more times? Unless you are clairvoyant you can't.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I'm not talking about the dealer's crap service. The car was used, modified, and-one has to assume-most likely abused. There is no way I would buy a car like that, or have the nerve to complain about it to my fellow enthusiasts.

-Wrath

Reply to
hourofthewolf_9

On 6 Mar 2005 08:17:24 -0800, hourofthewolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well I've both bought & sold modified vehicles. It is definitely a buyer beware scenario.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Everything on the car checked out before I bought it. Carfax was clean, and the car was immaculate. The car isn't really THAT modified, just gears and exhaust. Everything looked fine, but I guess looks can be decieving. Oh well, lessons learned. The new engine was ordered today though so hopefully they can get that right and have it back in action on Friday. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

NFW!!! You get a new engine AND a tranny?

Erik, I know it is a pain in the butt right now, but I would call that a major SCORE!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get it all together and it works like new :)

Kate

| >>I'm not talking about the dealer's crap service. The car was used, | >>modified, and-one has to assume-most likely abused. There is no way I | >>would buy a car like that, or have the nerve to complain about it to my | >>fellow enthusiasts. | >>

| >>-Wrath | >>

| > Well I've both bought & sold modified vehicles. It is definitely a | > buyer beware scenario. | | | Everything on the car checked out before I bought it. Carfax was clean, | and the car was immaculate. The car isn't really THAT modified, just | gears and exhaust. Everything looked fine, but I guess looks can be | decieving. Oh well, lessons learned. The new engine was ordered today | though so hopefully they can get that right and have it back in action | on Friday. | Erik D. | '94 white lightning | '01 white GT |

Reply to
SVTKate

Yabut, are you sure this is from abuse or such problems, or is it a chance tranny outage with crappy repairs because it was dealer warranty?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Its a case of a really bad transmission mechanic. Up until last time I had it rebuilt the same guy was on it because the service writer swore he was the best. The first time I brought it in I called the service rep and told him it was going to break again because it didn't feel right. He swore it was perfect and nothing would happen. 2 weeks later he received my car on a tow truck. He claimed the culprit was a faulty snap-ring....right. Well, after they fixed it again, I was on the phone with him again because on the way home it grinded 4th once and made noise in 5th. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and once again swore it was perfect. I said fine, i'll bring it in again in a couple weeks. Well, 3-4 weeks later I bring it in and demand a different mechanic. I finally get it back and every gear is supposedly replaced and everything in it is supposedly new. Well, it finally feels right, but now the rod knocks, lol!! I just hope they get it squared away this time. I really do like the car alot. Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks Kate! Erik D. '94 white lightning '01 white GT

Reply to
Erik D.