OT Dodge's New Super Bee

Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Take a look.

I vote: Thumbs up!

Score: 1 up / 0 down

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I want to knowwho taught these twenty-year-old columnists the word "stance".

Reply to
Frank ess

I just can't get that excited about a FOUR DOOR Super Bee.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Great review. lol. Too much $ though.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

All for it. Thumbs up.

I won't buy one, but it's great to see cars like this being built.

"So fire-up the Super Bee's honking 6.1-liter Hemi and a baby seal dies somewhere." This author seems to suffer from Performance Car Shame.

dwight

dwight

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1189649568.787939.106590 @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Chalk up one more vote.

425 hp and 0-60 in 5 seconds is certainly a 'yes' vote. The only bad thing is the price.
Reply to
Joe

too heavy, cut that 4,000 # fat boy down to 2,700 # and you have something

Reply to
Mas Plak

Up, I love it.

Reply to
WindsorFox

I'd have to go with MJ above. What's worst than a four-door Charger? A four-door Super Bee! This may be a dumb question, but why can't they make a two-door version of this and/or the Charger? I've seen some aftermarket Chargers customized into a two-door and they're WAY cooler, as far as looking like a muscle car.

So, four-door - thumbs down.

If they came out with a two-door - thumbs up.

John B.

Reply to
John B.

down, 4 door and 46K, no thanks

Reply to
Ray or Bobbi Adams

You wrap an OK Mexican engine up with shit, and you end up with shit. These near window-less Rodger Rabbit like Chrysler sedans are BUTT-UGLY. Have you driven one, might as well be driving a panel van, the visibility is nearly non-existent.

TWO THUMBS DOWN!

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I can't believe you guys don't like that kind of performance simply because of the number of doors. I'd love to hear your opinions if that same kind of performance with 4 doors were added to Ford's current lineup. You're saying you'd diss a 450hp Grand Marquis, or a RWD 450hp Taurus? Hmm..

To attempt to answer your question, John, the reason Dodge doesn't make a 2-door Charger is probably because the Challenger will take over that spot.

"John B." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nfs-db1.segnet.com:

Reply to
Joe

Don't get me wrong, I love a good thundering V-8 as much as the next guy. IMO, the reason Chrysler had to give it all that horsepower and torque is because it weighs over two tons. I'm starting to look at the

300C platform as Chrysler's new K-car chassis. They at least need a two door variant of it to give us a different look.

I'm starting to get the impression that all they think they need to do is slap a Hemi in the car and everything is good. The four door sedan market is flooded with good cars that perform. If Chrysler shortened the chassis for a two door variant and cut some weight they could probably shave 400-600 lbs. off the car and then things would be real interesting.

I have a feeling that car is still born. I hope I'm wrong.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Mike,

Remember, the beloved Hemi 'Cudas of yore also weighed about 2 tons.

I'm afraid many enthusiasts won't know how good these 300Cs/Chargers/ Magnums are until they're gone.

Everyone who says they don't like them need to rent one (with a Hemi) for a weekend, put it on the highway and then eat up about a 1,000 miles. Try it, and I'll guarantee you won't want to take it back to the rental company.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

I rented a Hemi Magnum, drove it over 2,00 miles and absolutely loved every minute of it! It was the most comfortable car I ever taken on a long trip. I made MI to FL in one clip and if it wasn't for being up for so long I could have turned around and drove back. My only complaint was a lack of the manual trans.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Excellent point! I have to ask how many Charger haters liked or loved the Maruader?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Sins of the past don't justify sins of the present. Chrysler had little to do with the design of the 300C's bones. It was a MB brainchild which is why it is heavy. It is also, IMO, the main reason it is a good solid car. For whatever reasons it seems most automakers have trouble putting full sized cars on a diet. Just look at the Mustang, it is a relative pig for its size.

I hope Chrysler replaces them with something better when they do give it the axe.

I have no doubt it is a nice car. It just seems to me that Chrysler is letting it get dated and not improving it in any substantial way. Maybe the car is too heavily dependent on MB R&D to modify in any meaningful way. This is also one reason I think the Challenger will never see the light of day. I hope I'm wrong.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

If the top dropped I would buy it with 6 doors but ... no convertible ... no buy.

Reply to
Les Benn

Thumbs down.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I don't like it cuz it's ugly. The performance is fine.