OT Dodge's New Super Bee

"dwight" wrote in news:R9mdnUtdOoEeQHbbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Yeah, I owned two of them. Wagons. The first one was a 4-cylinder automatic woodie with skinny bias-ply white walls that I eventually sold to my mother. She ended up selling it because the performance was even too anemic for her. Next one was a V6. Power Plus, baby!

Reply to
Joe

Yep, I've always thought the same thing. But look how some people react to the possibility of a 4 door option on the Mustang aka Falcon.

Reply to
WindsorFox

When those came out, the Shelby and the GLX would eat up the Mustang of the same era and with some mods would seriously piss off any current Vette owner.

Reply to
WindsorFox

As much as I liked the SHO, it could be argued the SHO sucked because it was FWD -- at least the Chryslers spin the correct wheels.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

innews:NZednbjZEdWCMHfbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Joe,

I have to disagree with you there, buddy. IMO, Chrysler's designers should all be fired. The Jeep line is totally screwed up, the new Dakota pickup looks like crap and the Sebring is a disaster. The only thing holding them together is the stuff that came out 3-4 years ago.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Thumbs down.

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Are you trying to stall?

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

...wait...

Say what?

dwight

dwight

innews:NZednbjZEdWCMHfbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I agree. The only good products they have are based off of MB engineering. The truck line might be the only exception. The new Jeep lineup does nothing for me.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

You mean it's not working?

I'm holding out for the Mustang GT Shooting Brake. They really need to do something useful with that over-plumpy rear and extra wheelbase inches.

Reply to
Frank ess

messagenews:QXAGi.583$ec2.223@trnddc03...

5-speed SHO vs automatic trans, 2.73 geared, GT convertible 5.0 Mustang. I'd let all my money ride on the SHO. 5-speed SHO vs 5-speed 5.0 Mustang. I'd quickly move all my chips to the Mustang.

Patrick Former '87 5-liter, 5-speed, LX owner. 14.2 @ 98 mph.

Reply to
NoOption5L

:> When those came out, the Shelby and the GLX would eat up the Mustang :>of the same era and with some mods would seriously piss off any current :>Vette owner.

Any current modified Vette owner...?

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

CFrog sends regards, and is ready to run any SHO it can find.

:()

Reply to
dwight

Michael Johnson wrote in news:Z4KdnevV2MhJqnHbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I'm not fond of the new jeeps either (except for the SRT8, which will beat a helluva lot of cars), but Chrysler's doing at least as good a job as GM and Ford in leveraging their lineup. Cars like the Avenger, Nitro, Caliber, and of course the Charger/Magnum/300 are certainly no worse than anything else out there.

Reply to
Joe

LMFAO Ya that one was a real winner...

My Name Is Nobody

There were many things about the SHO that sucked. But in 1988, none of them out weighed the GIANT step up in performance the SHO provided at an incredibly CHEAP (comparatively) price. And best of all, GM and Chrysler offered absolutely NOTHING comparable for many years to come.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Out on the highway, I NEVER met a 5.0 that could hang with any of my 3 SHO's EVER, and there were many 5.0 drivers trying to pick their chins out of their laps and figure out what the hell that was that just ate their lunch...

The first generation 220 horse 3.0 SHO's flat out ran their generation 5.0 Mustangs period. The only people who argue that are the ones who never tried it.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Well if you like entering races you can't win, have at it... :-)

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Hey, I rolled that Pinto. I wasn't slammed from behind by an 18-wheeler doing 65mph.

And I walked away from that accident without a scratch.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Ah.

I guess the one that I played with many years ago was either an aberration or the driver didn't know how to push the skinny pedal down.

dwight

Reply to
dwight