RAMFM here???

Why would anybody link RAMFM to a real Mustang site? :)

I knew I'd end up back here somehow!

Ed

-- Ed_Clark

Ed_Clark

Ed, I apologize for anything Bill S might say on these newsgroups.

I saw other people posting "new website launched" threads, and did the same.

I followed all the same protocols that the other people did, including no banners etc.

Bill S said nothing to no one else that posted new site threads, but ours.

-- Admin

Admin

Will you please just STOP the BS, I'm getting tired of blocking new addresses.

Reply to
Mike King

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Look I apologize, seriously. No hard feelings.

If we are not wanted here, we dont want to upset anyone.

-- Admin

Admin

It's not that you're not wanted.. it's spamming your sites and disrespecting Bill S. He is the founding father and has forgotten more about cars than most of us combined will ever know.

You just don't disrespect "The GodFaddah" ... get it?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Nah, it couldn't be. Could it???? Its been a long time since he has posted in here.

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

While Bill S. is the moderator on record for the NG, and has been around longer than most of us, he is not the person who owns or started this NG. Don't get me wrong, the amount of info that Bill has in his head has been absolutely priceless to many who have come and gone. The fact that he is one of the first to answer a post from people violating the Charter rules is more evidence to the fact that he is serious about cars...Mustangs to be specific. Anyone who has been here for a while would be hard pressed to beat him to respond to a post such as this and we like it that way.

Now, anyone can flame me if they want to, but if ya pay close attention to what I just typed, you will see that there was no disrespect intended for anyone...especially that saucy SVTKate!!!!

Bill S. rocks when it comes to knocking around idiots and answering questions, and that is that! And, to repeat what you said, "If you don't like the company, go on down the road to a different watering hole and shut the f*ck up.".

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Don,

I think you're wrong on a couple of accounts there.

Bill S is not the moderator - this is an unmoderated group. I've participated in moderated groups, and every post went through the moderator before anybody saw it. Bill S is the person (or one of several) who started this newsgroup... of course that's assuming I belive everything he's been telling us for years. True, Bill S does not own the newsgroup. Nobody owns it. It is "owned" by the people who post; good, bad, or indifferent.

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

While not a moderator he is the official "coordinator on record" for the group. Which should count for something.

As it is, I do agree with your point, this group belongs to all of us. All of us that follow its rules anyway.

Reply to
Phyrestang

Moderator...coordinator...I was hoping people would understand what I meant.

Yes, he was one of the very original *posters* here.

Never said he did. Just wanted to go on record again.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Well.. I apologies for my misstatement of Bill "owning the joint" .. I perceive it as such.. He may not actually OWN it, but he IS the "Old Man" in here and is therefore due the respect of the title and for being the guy that normally takes all the flak.

so |¬Þ

Kate

| > Bill S owns the joint. | > If you don't like the company, go on down the road to a different watering | > hole and shut the f*ck up. | | | | While Bill S. is the moderator on record for the NG, and has been around | longer than most of us, he is not the person who owns or started this NG. | Don't get me wrong, the amount of info that Bill has in his head has been | absolutely priceless to many who have come and gone. The fact that he is one | of the first to answer a post from people violating the Charter rules is | more evidence to the fact that he is serious about cars...Mustangs to be | specific. Anyone who has been here for a while would be hard pressed to beat | him to respond to a post such as this and we like it that way. | | Now, anyone can flame me if they want to, but if ya pay close attention to | what I just typed, you will see that there was no disrespect intended for | anyone...especially that saucy SVTKate!!!! | | Bill S. rocks when it comes to knocking around idiots and answering | questions, and that is that! And, to repeat what you said, "If you don't | like the company, go on down the road to a different watering hole and shut | the f*ck up.". | | Don Manning | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well, thanks for having ys and we look forward to interacting with you all, even if we or I, started out not understanding as much about this ng as I should have.

-- Admin

Admin

It's a terrible thing when the "admin" and single moderator of a web page such as yours cannot remain objective. As for your own contention that "Bill S said nothing to no one else that posted new site threads, but ours.", I suggest you take a really long look at the RAMFM and it's history, as everyone that comes in here trying to promote another web site gets the same treatment and simple request to stop trying to dilute this news group with yet another Mustang related forum/web site.Again, it all comes back to whether or not your being objective or not. In my case, I treat everyone the same, in your car, I think not.........

Bill S.

Legal disclaimer: I do not give you permission to use this post or any others of mine on any other web site. This posting is meant solely for the RAMFM, and it's associated news group readers. By posting this to your privately run web site, you then give me, as the author, permission to have your web site shut down for theft of content.

Adm> Well, thanks for having ys and we look forward to interacting with you

Reply to
Bill S.

why do you bother to link a news group toy your private forum if for not anything but boosting your post count.

This new forum and web site is a joke.

-- josh

josh

Hell yeah! That was well put.

Gotta run, someone is knocking at my door again.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Yeah, almost as long as it's been since I posted in here! What's up Ed, Joe, Michael Erik?

Kevin

Reply to
KevinM

Damn!! Is this Kevin McEvoy?? Geeze, it's been forever since i've seen those two names! Kevin, you ever get another mustang? I dunno if you've been lurking or whatever, but mine's gone now too. I traded it for a lightning :) Well, good seeing you two guys in here! Later, Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I guess that I understand what you mean, but in usenet the word "moderator" means something different. Things are a lot different here than when I first joined the group. I used to think that David Lyons was the "moderator" (although I didn't know what that meant, technically, at the time). I think he replied to every single post there was back at that time.

I guess we'll have to defer to Bill S on this. He has always said he was one of the original group who started RAMFM (as CJ did with the big block group). Like I said, assuming what he has told us is true.

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

So what's the story with the GSX??????