Wipers

I've just found this group, looks excellent.

Wife has a 2005 Micra, about 32k on the clock. The wipers have just packed in. The motor is making a whirring and I can move the arms easily by hand. She swears that she did not turn the wipers on until she had defrosted the windscreen today.

Ideas anybody?

Appreciated

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder

sounds like one of the wiper linkage arms has come off

Reply to
NissTech

That's just what I thought. They don't just drop off do they? Something tells me the wife is not telling me the truth.

Thanks for the reply.

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I had link to motor pop off. Popped it back on and it's not come off again in 2 years.

I have airfoils on the blades and I think a cross wind + bow wave from truck I was passing overloaded it.

Reply to
Peter Hill

____________________________________________________________ Apparently this is happening a lot with Micras due to the cold weather. My garage has made a temporary repair until the new linkage arrives. His supplier says that the normal demand is two per year, in the past two weeks he has sold 36!

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I have just learnt that this problem is widespread - not just for the Micra.

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder