2001 Maxima SE: Doors Hard to Open/Close

This winter I'm having a problem I never had before. The doors on my Maxima are difficult to open and close. Feels like it needs lubrication. Can I use good ol' WD40 on the door hinges?

-- Mr. Rajendra Singh

Reply to
Rajendra Singh

No, use white lithium grease. Any parts store or even Walmart will have it in spray cans. WD40 is useless as a long term lubricant. In fact, it wasn't developed as a lube at all. WD = Water Displacement

Reply to
JimV

By coincidence, that's what I spent an hour this weekend doing on my '96 I30t. The spray grease is about $1.69 a can at Wal-Mart. Hold a paper towel on the other side of what you're aiming at, this stuff can go everywhere even using the little straw.

My doors are smoother than brand new. Put a shot into the door latch too.

JM

Reply to
jmattis