'97 Maxima "improper shifting" diagnostic codes

Can anybody provide any insight ?

I have received recently codes 1104 and 1105 on my 97 Maxima SE (Automatic) with 140,000 kms.

I believe they are "improper shifting to third" and "improper shifting to second".

Is this serious ? Should it be looked at by the dealer ASAP ?

The car seems to run fine, perhaps sometimes with a slight lurch into second.

Reply to
Grant

Hmmmmm, I wonder what could cause this symptom.

So what do you brainiacs think could be causing this problem ??

FYI, You won't be hearing it from me, heee heee :-Þ

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
JimV

I was alerted to a possibility that the cause may be an erratic TPS. I have checked it and found it to be significantly "out of tolerance". With throttle closed, resistance measurements fluctuate from 800 to

2700 ohms.
Reply to
Grant