can a 215/45R17 be used to replace a 225/65-17 tire

I thought cross-rotation went out with bias-ply. When radials came out, we were told not to switch sides (and therefore rotation direction), that we were to keep radials mounted on the same side throughout their life, rotating only from front to back.

Reply to
Mikey

Quite true. But I have to admit my cassette adapter sounds waaaay better than any FM transmitter I have tried (iTrip and iRock both sound lousy).

Here's something to try.. If I play side-2 on the casstte adapter, quality is poor, but if I play side-1 it is very good. It could be that is your problem. Otherwise possible alignment issues between the heads.. maybe try a different brand adapter.

P.S. I don't have satellite, just an MP3 player.

Reply to
ali

I'm looking at tires as I've posted before. I'm looking at the goodyear assurance. does anyone have these on their max? and if so, is it the "comfot treat" or the triple tread version. whats the main differences? do they make a size that will fit on the stock 17" rim (well optional 17" I should say, but not aftermarket). thanks!

-nick

Reply to
Nick
2000 maxima SE - 5000 RPM, 90% throttle - cylinder cuts out Symptoms:

  1. In second gear accelerate with pedal to the floor. At 4-5000 RPM let up on the throttle a bit and there is a sudden loss of power. It feels like 1 cylinder stops firing.

  2. In second gear accelerate with pedal to the floor and keep it there. Acceleration rate seems to decrease as RPM's get above 3500. At about
5000RPM acceleration stops and the car will go no faster.

Trying to fix I've replaced all plugs and ignition coils and added lots of fuel injector cleaner to tanks of gas - all to no avail. Any ideas out there?

--Dan

Reply to
Dan

That's azimuth, something you can't avoid, and is exaggerated in an auto-reverse cassette deck. Another weakness of cassette adapters is stereo seperation. Imaging is totally shot.

For FM adapters, they can do better imaging than cassette adapters, but they tend to lose out in frequency response because of the low quality modulators that convert the audio signal to be carried by the FM radio wave.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Actually, I think I might have tried this when we first got it, but I'm not sure, and it's easy enough to try.

Thanks!

Reply to
Don Cohen

This is absolutely true, and definitely contributes to the overall poor quality.

Best,

Reply to
Don Cohen

The head unit is designed for it, but there is a seperate tuner in the trunk connected by a cable.

Reply to
JimV

Sounds like your variable intake manifold is stuck. There's a valve which re-directs airflow through the manifold at higher RPMs. It could be failing. I've seen threads at maxima.org about that. You'll have to take it to Nissan to get it replaced.

Looking at the slightly biggere picture, you notice that when Nissan went from the 2001 maxima to the 2002, the intake manifold went from plastic back to metal, like in all the previous generations? Hmmmmmmm . . . . . .

CD

Reply to
Codifus

After having a brake job done, my breaks were still squealing. The mechanic rechecked the job and buffed the pads. Upon hearing the same sound again, I asked him to check the rotors. He turned the rotors. Then he changed the pads to ones he said were specifically made for my car. A month later I am hearing the same sound again. I have a 1999 Maxima. Is there anything else on my car that would cause the same noise?

Reply to
hotshot

Reply to
Randall Phair

I had the same problem after a recent brake job. I used after market pads and did not take a great deal of time with the job. Big mistake. They made so much noise my wife griped every day.

I ended up doing the job over again using Raybestos ceramic pads and anti-squeal compound to bond the pads to the caliper. I took the time to remove all the clips on which the pads ride and clean them thoroughly. I also had each of the rotors turned. I then used brake grease on each of the points on the clips where the pads rested. No more noise and I got my car back from my wife...

Reply to
WingNut

had a question about nissan TSB's mainly the ones for the ignition coils and for the MAF. are these fixed for free? my car has less than 36k but it's past the 3 year warranty. thanks!

Reply to
Nick

And we haven't seen the invoice either... Could have been the coil connector they replaced? Seen plenty of them blown up..

I'm no fan of goodyear but suggesting that even a $5 beer is all it should cost is absurd.. People don't consider all the overhead and investments mechainics and shop owners have made into being able to properly repair a car. At the end of the day, very few if any are getting rich off of this..

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
john smith

Reply to
john smith

I have a 95 SE (I don't think brakes are any different through '99) and have never had any squeal problems, but always use Nissan pads, and usually change them myself. I never turned the rotors, but did replace them at about 90k miles, because rust in the center was no longer dissipating heat as well and they were getting heat checked (little cracks) from high speed autocross.

I wonder if they put on the sheet metal backing plates from the old pads (which probably act like shims to reduce squeal), and the little Y clips that probably stop the pads from dragging.

Reply to
David Efflandt
2000 Maxima TSB's:

Here's the one for the ingnition coils:

Brad

Reply to
Naxray

thanks, now my qquestion, if it oes hapen to be the coils,can I just bring this tsb into nissan and get it fixed for free? like I said it's under the

Reply to
Nick

as I have said before ,

TSB's are not recalls and they don't entitle the owner of the vehicle to a "free" repair mentioned in the TSB after the warranty period is up.If you want the repairs done you have to pay for them yourself.

TSB's are diagnostic information put out by Nissan to aid technicians in diagnosing a particular problem

Reply to
NissTech