Did all 95 se maxima's come with factory alarm?

I just bought one yesterday and have the alarm siren under the hood but no remotes?? Dont know if it may be factory or not?? The little red light that flashes doesnt look factory. It is coming out of the drivers side pillar toward bottom of windshield? Thanks in advance for the help!!:)Nel

Reply to
:

Randall Phair

The SE came with a factory alarm as an option. It had a blinking red light located under the gas gauge and is labeled "Security"..you can see the red dot lit up in the pic below:

Dave Stone

Also, the factory alarm used the horn, not a siren.

Reply to
Jim

Thank You all for the help!! My car does have the factory alarm as shown in the picture. It does flash once the doors are locked. What are the features of the factory alarm?? Should I or can I get a "factory remote" for this alarm?? Thanks again!! :)

Reply to
:

Goto to ebay and buy a used Nissan remote (for 95-98, NOT 99) like this one;

Then, program your remote by following these instructions;

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Thanks again for the help!! Maxima enthusiasts are great!! :)

Reply to
: