front struts on 95 maxima difficult to change??

Ive got a 95 Maxima Se with 205k on it and the front struts are original. I cant afford to buy new ones and am going to a junkyard where I saw a car with struts that looked like new. My question is can I just remove the struts with the springs installed? Looks like all I have to remove are the nuts under the hood on the top of the struts and the 2 bolts near the brake rotors?? Does this sound correct? Thanks in advance!! :)Ne

Reply to
:

Yep, that's right. Just 3 nuts and two bolts.

Reply to
JimV

Yep, just as you describe. A few tips:

- Loosen the nut in the center of the top of the strut only ONE TURN before removing the strut from the car. That nut is what holds the spring compressed in place, so you'll need spring compressors properly clamping the spring before you remove it all the way.

- Lift the whole front of the car. The swaybar can make it difficult to work on the suspension if just one corner is raised.

- Buy new strut bearings from Nissan and install them too.

Dave

Reply to
dgeesaman

I don't think he's planning on disassembling them so he doesn't need to touch that nut.

Reply to
JimV

He didn't say if he was buying springs along with them or not.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman