Maxima SE '91 Injectors

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there has used accel performance injectors in his/her Maxima. I need to change the injectors in my car, and I was wondering if I could use the performance injectors. Thank you for any response.

Reply to
Patojo

Can't use em. Nissan has a BS sidefeed design that is particular to Nissan. and you have injectors that have an abnormally high defect rate on them. In addition to being pretty much un rebuildable by the majority of rebuilders out there.

Reply to
Brian

How do you figure they have a high rate of failure.

If you want to site the recall on the U11 series Maxima and the Z31 series

300ZX don't bother, that crap should have never happened, but is another story all together

I see plenty of the J30 series Maximas (including my 94,which I sold) come in with over 100K miles and they still have the original injectors in them.

Do you honestly think an injector should last a lifetime, if you do your crazy.

Just sit and think how many millions , tens of millions times that little solenoid has fired fuel into the cylinder, face it dude, nothing lasts forever.

I'll admit I has seen a few fail prematurely but in the overall scheme of things ,I'd say it is less than 5%

Reply to
NissTech

I've got 128k on my 92 VE and I've had 4 injectors die within the last 6 mos. and for your information It is a documented fact that the 89-91 VG injectors fail over twice as often as any other injector. not too mention the fact that the failure to the injector is electrical unlike most injectors that are actually clogged not electrically failed.

I sell more Nissan injectors (89-94 Maxima, Sentra, Altima)than any other vehicle with the only exclusion being the GM 60* V-6 injectors ( they have a high tendency to clog) I see what happens to cars long after they are no longer being taken into the dealer.

Reply to
Brian

To NissTech.

The mechanism in a computer hard disk drive is a far more precision unit than that of a fuel injector. In fact, the mechanism is superior to that of fine Swiss Made watches, costing tens of thousands of dollars. The head assembly, moves precisely across the surface of the disk. A typical 80GB disk drive has seek times of 9 msec, track to track, and has 16,000 tracks in the space of an inch on a disk surface, 16,000 unique individual stops. The disk drive is continuously moving the head assembly across the tracks, reading and writing information on 8 different platters all rotating at 7200 RPM or more. If we consider that we continuously read and or write from that disk drive all day, at 10msec track to track, thats 100 operations per second, or 6000 operations per minute or 8,640,000 operations per day. Disk drives typically last these days, oh, maybe 7 to 10 years, running non-stop.

Fuel injectors on the other hand are an imprecise piece of klutsy mechanical hardware that are way overpriced for the extreme simple operation and design of their functional operation. The same part exits in cash registers, a coil to operate a plunger that opens the drawer. It costs about 0.85 cents. It's time that the auto industry stopped ripping us off for the cost of material and started providing much better value for the almighty buck we hand out.

By the by, an 80GB disk drive costs about $80.00 CAD today and you can hold it in your hand.

I used to lift RL02, 5MB disk drives and hoist them into cabinets in the early 80's. They weighed 200 pounds and were 19 inches wide, 17 inches tall and 64 inches long and cost $40,000 CAD.

Seems to me that we in the computer idustry give value fo rhte almighty dollar, now it's time for the auto industry.

I expect a fuel injector that costs $250.00 CAD should last the life of my car which should be somewhere on the outside of 20 years, and 1 million kilometres.

rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

And to think,

If the space shuttle was designed buy the folks that make hard drives, all those astronauts would not have died either.

I think we need to call it the Maxtor Shuttle or the Western Digital Shuttle or how about the Seagate Shuttle

Gimmie a freaking break, this is not even a valid comparison

Reply to
NissTech

Richard, Remember that a hdd is also sealed from the environment and it doesn't have gasoline and countless other contaminants flowing through it. It's the crud and moisture that screws up injectors, not the fact that they aren't made to exacting tolerances with extremely refined materials. Yes, I wish cars were made with the same durability and tolerance as computer parts, but I don't think it's gonna happen in this lifetime. There would be just too much tooling investment for the payback period.

Chris

Reply to
Chris H