pontiac 2004 gxp

I bought a pontiac 2004 gxp and am wondering if it has the same suspension as the se and sle. Just wondering if it is interchangable because the gxp ride is a little harsh or maybe it is just because of the 18" rims.

Reply to
D.S.

D.S.

I don't think it's the same. The car looks a bit lower which probably means different spring/strut ratios. Plus, I believe the car is somewhat heavier necessitating more beef in the suspension.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

the 18" wheels is a good possibility, less sidewall = stiffer ride.

Sure the suspension might be a bit stiffer because its a sports model, but the easiest way would be to "downgrade" to 17" wheels tires with more sidewall, would probably be cheaper then swapping out the struts and springs. This is assuming that the GXP also doesnt have larger brake calipers and 17" wheels can fit.

Reply to
Paradox