Best Rated threads in Toyota Priusshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Toyota Prius Memochat
On 19 May 2019, unclejr posted some news: You can buy a refurbished matched battery from green tec auto for $1000. They work like a champ. As for the mileage, we put one of those batteries in a 2010...
3
3

Stuck in "Park"
Drove our 2015 Prius Four into the car wash today, somehow got it into "Park" instead of "Neutral," and had a difficult time getting it out of "Park." Holding the shift lever to the left accomplished...

2006 Prius - A/C fan not working
The A/C turns on but the fan works about 1% of the time. Might as well not turn the a/c on. This has beeen going on a couple years now and hate to go anywhere in this otherwise wonderful car. If one...

Electric AC Compressor in Dixie
We had one of those close mornings when the humidity is nearly 100% but too warm for fog. Driving my wife's 2010 Prius, I closed the vents and windows and used the air conditioner to take out the damp...
71
71

How a thief can steal your Prius or any keyless entry vehicle
entry systems vulnerable to high-tech car thieves Swiss researchers find holes in the keyless systems from eight car manufacturers. By Colin Bird Remote keyless entry has been around for a while ?...
5
5

Battery Time Limit
5 years is a long time for the accessory battery. 3 years is normal. Decca makes a replacement that is probably better than OEM for that.
9
9

Toyota Gli 2008
Toyota GLI 2008 total Genuine Paint Scatchless CNG ALLOY RIM NEW TYRE navly blue color ...

Prius High Cost of Insurance (in USA)
Why is the Toyota Prius expensive to insure? While contemplating a new car purchase this fact has come to my attention (this is in the USA, I think I've heard other places the Prius is cheap to...
5
5

no mute button for '05 JBL sound system?
in a 2005 Prius with JBL premium sound system, I cannot find anything like a mute button either on the dash or on the audio screens of the LCD? I have to turn the volume to 0 to mute the speakers....
1
1

Shake when braking
My 2001 Prius pulsates when I apply the brakes very hard at high speeds such as slamming on the brakes at 65-70 miles per hour on the highway during rush hour. I don't notice this pulsation when...
4
4

Stuck in a snowbank
Headed into town this evening. I was going about 3 mph in the curve where I previously tested my VSC. Road had about 4" of snow over ice. Slowly slid to the right into the snowplow's windrow where it...
14
14

Added Cruise Control to New Prius!
It was actually easy and looks 100% Toyota when done! I got the parts kit and instruction manual from It wasn't too bad for a shade tree mechanic like me, I can change oil, plugs brakes and stuff....
40
40

What is the Prius cargo capacity with the rear seats down?
Edmunds list the Prius cargo space with the rear seats up as 14.4 cubic feet. What is the cargo space with the rear seats down? someone look in the Prius owners manual and tell me what the Prius cargo...
14
14

What you need and don't need on the Prius Service
just a list of commonly recommended services, whether they're needed and if so, when, and other useful info. 1. brake flush may be a good idea after 100k miles/10 years. completely cleaning out the...
2
2

why prius front tire pressure higher than rear?
prius tire pressure spec says 35 psi front, 33 psi rear just wondering what the technical reason for this is? do other cars do this too?
14
14

2010 Prius II: A/C on for Defrost?
When I have that silly front defroster grid button pressed, the climate control *not* in auto, and the A/C button isn't lit, is the A/C still running when it's in defrost mode? Why can't they just...
12
12

How Long do the 12V Batteries Last ?
There is no hard rule because usage varies. Our 2003 Prius battery was replaced in January 2009. Bob Wilson
6
6

how to turn on display without turning on the engine?
Just got a 2008 prius 2 days ago. sorry if it's too simple a question. I just wanted to copy some data from the dashboard but it won't show up without turning the power on. Thanks!
3
3

What's the deal with Toyota's door hinges that won't keep the door open?
I swear I love Toyota but their door hinges absolutely suck. The doors just won't stay open. I can park facing down hill and the door will still creep back and hit the leg of anyone entering or...
3
3

Spoiled spoiler
Background: I did something dumb yesterday - backed out of the garage with the hatch up. (2010 Prius) The spoiler appears to have 5 studs molded into it plus some other type of clips at each end. All...